BUCHAN & IRWIN TO REMAIN WITH SYNETIQ BMW FOR 2022 BENNETTS BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIO
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BUCHAN & IRWIN TO REMAIN WITH SYNETIQ BMW FOR 2022 BENNETTS BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIO
[Image: TASRidersResign.jpg]

BUCHAN & IRWIN TO REMAIN WITH SYNETIQ BMW FOR 2022 BENNETTS BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP

SYNETIQ BMW will retain the services of both Danny Buchan and Andrew Irwin for a second successive season in the 2022 Bennetts British Superbike Championship. The official announcement was made this morning [11:30] on the BMW Motorrad stand at Motorcycle Live, Birmingham NEC.

Both riders showed strong potential during their first season on TAS Racing prepared BMW Motorrad M 1000 RR machinery and are now looking forward to continuing that upward trajectory next season in the official BMW team.

Buchan, who took two race wins from his four BSB podiums during the 2021 campaign, that saw him finish seventh overall, explained:

“I’m over the moon to stay with TAS Racing and the SYNETIQ BMW team for 2022. The initial plan was always to do a second season and have a real go at winning the title. This first season was good with race wins and podiums, but with a season of development now under our belt, I’m excited to see how far we can take it in year two with the support of BMW Motorrad . I learned a lot throughout the year and connected with the team and my crew. We now fully understand each other and I believe we can challenge strongly and have a really good 2022. I can’t wait to get started."

DANNY BUCHAN - #83 BRITISH SUPERBIKE

Andrew Irwin, who also enjoyed a race podium with SYNETIQ BMW during his first season on M 1000 RR machinery, said:

"I’m really excited to continue with SYNETIQ BMW into 2022. There’s no point hiding or running from the fact that 2021 wasn’t my strongest in BSB, so I’ve got lots of motivation to turn that around and prove what I’m capable of on the M 1000 RR. Thanks to TAS Racing for showing the commitment to keep me onboard for next year, and I’m now looking forward to repaying the faith they have shown in me with a strong campaign. I’m excited about going racing again, turning this ship around and putting the SYNETIQ BMW on regular podiums in 2022.”

ANDREW IRWIN - #18 BRITISH SUPERBIKE

“Following the confirmation of our continued partnerships with BMW and SYNETIQ, it was always our preference to continue with Danny and Andrew for the 2022 Bennetts BSB season. Both riders really are a perfect fit within our team and everyone at TAS Racing is excited at the prospect of building on our many strong performances during 2021, by challenging for race wins and podiums with the BMW M 1000 RR in 2022.”

PHILIP NEILL SYNETIQ BMW TEAM MANAGER

[Image: SynetiqSmallLogo.jpg]

10-12-2021, 02:31 PM
Website Find Reply