WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Racing Team Reveals 2022 Livery and Programs
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: YamahaRacingLogo.jpg]

WithU Yamaha RNF New look and line-up for WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Racing team presented during a special event in Verona, Italy.

There could not have been a more iconic and original stage than the Philharmonic Theater in Verona, where WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Racing unveiled the new livery of the Yamaha YZR-M1 for the 2022 MotoGP World Championship, but also the one dedicated to MotoE. The WithU RNF Team is committed in both World Championships in 2022. A real show, accompanied by famous opera arias, sung by the splendid voice of soprano Francesca Dotto and tenor Leonardo Cortellazzi.

A particular as well as exciting and unique atmosphere, which involved the vast virtual audience that followed the streaming on the social media channels of the team. Performing the official welcome, Matteo Ballarin, President of the WithU brand of the Europe Energy Group, strongly wished to held this event in his city, which is the headquarters of the company, he founded and represented. One more reason to celebrate WithU's title sponsorship role in this prestigious team. At his side, on the stage of the Verona Philharmonic Theater, the founder and Team Principal of RNF MotoGP Razlan Razali, the Team Manager Wilco Zeelenberg, alongside the MotoGP riders Andrea Dovizioso and Darry Binder.

Among others, the red carpet was rolled out for premier class star Andrea Dovizioso. The Italian, three times runner-up in the MotoGP and 15-times race winner in the highest category, will enter his 20th full season across all categories of the World Championship, after he already made the switch to Yamaha in five rounds 2021. Meanwhile, Darryn Binder will be only the second rider in history, who dares the formidable jump from Moto3 to MotoGP. The 23-year-old South African talent celebrated his first ever victory on world level in Catalunya 2020 and collected five further podiums in the course of his fascinating Moto3 career.

While the curtains of the picturesque Philharmonic theater in Verona have been closed, the stage opens for some action in less than a week’s time, where the freshly painted Yamaha YZR-M1 will be on track, piloted by Binder for the three days Shakedown test at the Sepang International Circuit. The premier class rookie will very soon be accompanied by his team mate Dovizioso from 5th to 6th February for the first official pre-season test in 2022 before the floodlights will be perfectly positioned for the first race of the year on 6th March at the Losail International Circuit.

[Image: WithURaceTeamPromo.jpg]

Andrea Dovizioso - WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Racing Team

“I’m really ready for this season! I’m training a lot in the gym, on my Motocross bike. I removed the plate on my collarbone early December in order to feel better for this year. Everything is going well. I’m so happy to start this full season after five races of testing last year, which was very important to start early with the Yamaha, which is different to what I used the last eight seasons. I’m convinced that this will help me a lot to approach the tests and the races in 2022 in a better way. I know more about the bike, about the engineers and the team in general. The new colors are adding to the amazing overall picture and I’m looking forward to the test in Malaysia. The last two years we couldn’t ride there, so I’m really happy to go to Sepang.”

Darryn Binder - WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Racing Team

“The colors of my new bike are just beautiful! Once you see the design and how everything is going to look like for the season, it just makes you so excited to get out and actually ride with the new livery and then you know the 2022 season is officially starting once the team launch has happened. I definitely can’t wait! It’s going to be so awesome, I’m very, very excited for my first season in MotoGP! Our goal is just to take it step by step. Obviously, it’s a big jump from Moto3 to MotoGP and I only want to take it gradually and build up as high as I can. I don’t want to do anything too crazy, but rather take one step at a time and go up slowly, but surely. I’m really excited to get everything going, now I can’t wait for the Sepang test to get everything going!”

Wilco Zeelenberg - Team Manger, WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Racing Team

“I’m very excited to start the 2022 season with a new chapter for the whole group. We closed the old one, but closing chapters always means opening new episodes and to start this new project with the RNF team is of course again a huge challenge. A big part of the group remained, some people of the crew, especially on the side of Darryn, are also new. We’ve got a new crew chief, a new data engineer and new mechanics. We have new material, a new hospitality, new trailers, so we will replace a lot, but at the same time, a lot will remain. We’ve got two new riders, one experienced rider with Andrea and a rookie with Darryn, which is something we have been doing before, but each season is a new challenge. Yet, we are looking forward to it. The bike looks very nice, although we know it’s not just about the glance. We’ve created a nice balance with colors and we can’t wait to start the 2022 season!”

Razlan Razali - Founder and Team Principal, WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Racing Team

“This presentation in this beautiful backdrop settings of Verona signifies a number of things for the team; firstly, we are rebuilding, rebranding and with the riders, that we have engaged for this year, Andrea Dovizioso and Darryn Binder, the target is to become competitive, surprise everybody and do the best we can in achieving our goals. Secondly, for the first time, WithU is the title partner for a MotoGP team. WithU has been with us since 2019 and we appreciate their continued commitment, Matteo Ballarin’s support, trust and confidence in us in this new journey for the next three years.” “It’s just incredibly fitting for this launch to be held in his home town and beautiful city of Verona in this magnificent Philharmonic Theatre. For me, this is a new experience and also for the team. We appreciate the setting a lot!

“For this 2022 season, we aim to be amongst the best of the Independent Teams at least. We want to fight for the Rookie of the Year, although we know it’s a huge challenge with five rookies in 2022 and Darryn being the only one of them to jump from Moto3 to MotoGP. For Andrea, he has a lot to prove coming back after more than six months of sabbatical. He definitely wants to prove not only himself, but everybody, that he still has the motivation, the experience and the drive to fight for the World Championship.”

Matteo Ballarin -WithU Brand President

“I am particularly proud to have had the opportunity to present the WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Team in Verona, in the city where our company was born and is based, in a unique and prestigious setting such as the Philharmonic theater accompanied with the emotion of the great Italian opera music. Five years after our first approach to the world of MotoGP, today we are more enthusiastic and motivated than ever. This new experience as Title Sponsor represents a milestone for the WithU brand but also a new beginning and a strong stimulus. A great challenge that materializes with an important and effective opportunity to communicate our values, our passion, the courage and determination that distinguish us, as well as the continuous growth and innovation that allow us to face challenging contexts, in markets as well as on the track.” “Dovizioso and Binder represent the essence of this spirit and I am sure that Razlan and the whole WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Team will be able to manage and bring these two riders to the goals they deserve and to which we are all aiming."

25-01-2022, 02:30 PM
Website Find Reply