Rookies Fernandez and Gardner enter MotoGP playground
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: Tech3Logo.jpg]

Following three days of a Shakedown Test in Sepang earlier this week aiming to give newcomers additional track time to adapt to their new machinery, Tech3 KTM Factory Racing’s rookies Raul Fernandez and Remy Gardner were joined today by the entire MotoGP class at the Sepang Test in Malaysia, kicking off the official 2022 pre-season. They concluded the day in thirteenth and twenty-fourth positions respectively.

After a positive Shakedown with impressive lap times, the Spaniard continued to adapt to the category while taking experience of riding alongside MotoGP world class riders. He registered an early good lap-time this morning of 2’00.547 before dedicating the day to the trial of different settings in the search of the bike that will suit perfectly his riding style. He eventually found some good information as he managed to do his best lap-time, 1’59.682, on lap 66 out of 69, only 1.311 seconds behind the top.

Under very hot and humid weather conditions, Moto2 World Champion Remy Gardner also continued his discovery work on the 2022 KTM RC16 in order to get ready for his first MotoGP race in Qatar. The Australian started the day early and fresh at 10:00 local time with the goal of trying many different parts and things on the bike throughout the day. Remy completed 60 laps today, and also managed to get his best lap-time, 2’00.470, at the end of the day, on lap 59, finishing the day in the office on a positive note.

Raul Fernandez - Position: 13th

Time: 1'59.682 / Laps: 69

“Today has been a positive day again with a lot of hardwork. I think that we took a step further in the right direction and this is the most important to me. Without repeating myself too much, I am very happy and I want to continue to learn, continue my progression, and enjoy myself on the bike.”

[Image: FernandezTesting1.jpg]

Remy Gardner - Position: 24th

Time: 2'00.470 / Laps: 60

“Today has been a good day and we did a lot of laps. We struggled a little bit more compared to the three previous days of Shakedown because we tested some different parts and things compared to the settings used earlier this week. However, we have a clear direction of what we need to do so I am happy with that. Tomorrow, we will continue the work and push a bit more.”

[Image: GardenerTesting1.jpg]

05-02-2022, 01:21 PM
Website Find Reply