LOWES AND ARBOLINO CONTINUE PRE-SEASON AT JEREZ TEST
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: ElfVDSLogo.jpg]

The Elf Marc VDS Racing duo post competitive times and complete busy testing schedules during a valuable two-day test session at the Circuito de Jerez-Angel Nieto.

After a successful start to winter testing in Valencia last week, Sam Lowes and Tony Arbolino enjoyed another productive outing as preparations for the 2022 Moto2 season ramped up in Andalusia.
The Elf Marc VDS Racing Team complete their pre-season preparations with an official three-day test at Portimao, which commences on February 19.

[Image: SamLowesTesting.jpg]

SAM LOWES

The Briton continued to put in crucial development kilometres on the 2022 Kalex chassis on day one, with a key aim to find more rear grip.

The 31-year-old intended to focus on chassis set-up again on day two, but he decided to end the test earlier than planned after encountering a tendonitis issue with his left wrist.

Lowes will now commence an intense course of physiotherapy on his left wrist ahead of his return to track action at the Algarve International Circuit in less than two weeks.

“I’m happy with the work done at this test”

“I struggled with a bit of tendonitis after the Valencia test last week and on the first day here in Jerez I was happy to complete as many laps as I did. I went out today and to be honest I was struggling with it. I guess I tweaked the wrist in Valencia and it’s just causing me some minor issues after so long off the Moto2 bike. There was less wind today and the bike felt good and even in the few laps I was able to run, I felt like we made a good step. I’m happy with the work done at this test. The team have done a great job as always and we’ve managed to eliminate some things that didn’t work and found a good direction with set-up moving forward. Our base setting is more or less fixed and that’s always one of the most important parts of testing to find a bike you’re comfortable and confident with. I’ve got a plan now to work on the wrist ahead of the next test in Portimao and hopefully it will be 100% there.”

TONY ARBOLINO

Experiments with different riding positions helped Arbolino feel more comfortable on his 2022 Kalex machine.
The Italian was also able to assess major geometry changes on the opening day and he was delighted with constant progress made throughout the test in establishing a base setting.

Arbolino was satisfied with the consistency of his lap times over the two days with the help of big improvements to front feeling and corner entry.

“The work we have done in Jerez has been positive”

“I completed a lot of laps over these two days and that helped me understand a lot of things and for this reason I am very satisfied. The lap time has improved throughout the test and now my crew and I have a clear indication of where we need to be better. We’re not so far away from where I’d like to be, and the pace was good. We just need to keep working and concentrating on where I know we can improve, but the work we have done in Jerez has been positive. I am so proud of my crew because they are working very hard to give me the best package possible. I am sure we’ll make another step forward in Portimao and by the time we arrive in Qatar for the first race we will have a good base.”

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2022, 11:48 AM by Malcolm.)
10-02-2022, 11:47 AM
Website Find Reply