MARIA JOINS EXCITING NEW TV TEAM FOR THE RETURN OF THE TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: TTPromoFeb18-hdr.jpg]

Maria Costello MBE has been unveiled as an expert pundit for this year’s Isle of Man TT races, which returns for the first time in two years offering fans more ways to follow with live uninterrupted TV coverage of the world’s greatest road races.

Maria, who held the Guinness World Record for five years as the fastest woman to lap the Isle of Man TT course, joins a fantastic line-up of presenters, commentators and pundits who will deliver all the action, reaction and insight direct to smart TVs or devices.

The Northamptonshire racer has a wealth of experience of the Isle of Man TT course including podiums and lap records and has been racing at the TT for over 20 years. She will not only be racing there this year on two and three wheels but will be a member of the new-look broadcast team presenting full and uninterrupted live coverage for the first time in its 115-year history.

Highly acclaimed broadcaster Jennie Gow will anchor the coverage from a purpose-built studio in the TT Fan Park while among those that Maria will be working alongside are Matt Roberts, the former BBC and ITV motorsport anchor, and Amy Williams, the Olympic skeleton gold medallist who has since carved out a career as a TV presenter and speaker.

Maria, who will continue to race on both two and three wheels in this bounce-back year from the Covid-19 pandemic, is thrilled at the opportunity to present her expert views on the event that attracted around 50,000 spectators in its last year before the virus swept in.

“This is something so special for the fans, the access they’ll have is like nothing before – 24/7 access to immerse themselves in the TT and it costs just £14.99,” said Maria. “For me, being able to go back and race there after two years off due to the pandemic already means the world but this time I’ll be racing the Mark Coverdale Paton, my sidecar and holding a microphone. I couldn’t be more excited and proud to have this new role and be part of this incredible line-up.”

The TT organisers said:

“Maria brings a near-unique perspective from competing on two and three wheels – as well as racing as the lone female in the solo classes. Maria was recently named an ambassador for ‘Girls on Track UK’, but she’s been something of a flag-bearer for women in motorcycling for two decades now with her services to motorcycling deservedly recognised when she was awarded an MBE.”

Qualifying gets underway on Sunday May 29 with racing from Saturday June 4.

[Image: mariaclogo.jpg]

19-02-2022, 12:24 PM
Website Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: MARIA JOINS EXCITING NEW TV TEAM FOR THE RETURN OF THE TT
The line up is debatable.
19-02-2022, 05:47 PM
Find Reply