MIXED FORTUNES FOR LOWES AND ARBOLINO IN PORTIMAO
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: ArbolinoTesting.jpg]

Day two of official Moto2 testing at the Algarve International Circuit in Portugal was one of contrasting fortunes for Elf Marc VDS Racing Team riders Sam Lowes and Tony Arbolino.

Arbolino made solid progress during an extensive test on Dunlop’s hard rear tyre option but an on-going tendonitis issue with his left wrist of means Lowes will not participate in the final day of winter testing tomorrow.

SAM LOWES

The 31-year-old continued positive work on the race set-up of his Kalex machine in today’s opening session and was satisfied with his pace on used tyres.

Lowes was unhurt from a crash at turn three in the second session and with the discomfort of tendonitis in his left wrist not allowing him to push at his full potential, the Elf Marc VDS Racing Team decided to withdraw him from tomorrow’s action.

Lowes will now undertake intensive treatment to ensure he is close to peak physical condition for the opening round of the 2022 season in Qatar on March 6.

“I’m optimistic we’ll be competitive in Qatar”

“Today I was struggling with the feeling on the bike and unfortunately the tendonitis issue is certainly not helping. I need laps to find the limit of the bike and it is not ideal to be in this position with the first race just two weeks away. We’ve taken the decision to stop and try and recover as best as possible for Qatar, but honestly, I’d like to have been more prepared. I’m going to work at my maximum between now and Qatar but going to the first race I must be realistic about what to expect and what we can achieve. I’ll keep a positive attitude and remain optimistic that we will still be very competitive at the first race.”

TONY ARBOLINO

The Italian enjoyed another very productive day on the spectacular Portimao track today, with positive conclusions taken from a range of set-up modifications.

A fast and consistent race pace that left him just outside of the top 10 today was proof of Arbolino’s growing confidence with the base setting of his Kalex machine.

Winter testing concludes in Portugal tomorrow and a target of the final day for Arbolino will be to test his speed in time attack mode on Dunlop’s soft compound tyres.

“Today was another very positive day”

“We are improving the bike a lot on each day of testing, and I feel today was another very positive day. The team did another incredible job and their motivation to help me and the belief they have in me is helping a lot. We are working in the right direction, but I still think there is more to come before I’m able to show my true potential. I’m very consistent but I’d like to be a little bit faster. The good thing is I know we have margin to improve, and this is important because we are not at the limit. If we keep working like this then I’ve no doubt we will be strong right from the first race.”

[Image: ELFVDSLogo.jpg]
21-02-2022, 03:22 PM
Website Find Reply