HILLIER AND JOHNSON TO SPEARHEAD RICH ENERGY OMG RACING YAMAHA ROADS CAMPAIGN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: OMGBigLogo.jpg]

JAMES HILLIER AND DAVID JOHNSON WILL LINE UP FOR RICH ENERGY OMG RACING AS THE TEAM MAKE THEIR ROAD RACING DEBUT IN 2022

With the international road racing season confirmed, RICH Energy OMG Racing Yamaha is delighted to retain the services of James Hillier and David Johnson for the 2022 season. Campaigning Yamaha R1 and R6 machinery across the Supersport and Superstock and Superbike classes for the first time, the duo will make their road racing debut for the team in May at the International NW200 before crossing the Irish Sea to contest the Isle of Man TT races later in the month.

[Image: RichEnergyRider1.jpg]
Photo: Ian Hopgood Photography

Hillier, from Ringwood in Hampshire, claimed ‘Man of the Meeting’ at the NW200 in 2019 after taking his maiden win in the Superstock race, backed up with further podiums in the Supersport and Superbike races. After making his Isle of Man TT debut in 2008, Hillier has finished on the podium thirteen times, winning his maiden TT in 2013 with victory in the Lightweight TT. A member of the ‘132 Club’, the 36-year old’s fastest lap of the island currently sits at 132.414mph, set during the 2015 Senior TT.                  

[Image: RichEnergyRider2.jpg]
Photo: Pit Lane Studio

Aussie, David ‘Davo’ Johnson is eager to return to racing in the UK after two years at home in Adelaide due to the imposed restrictions. Keeping bike fit aboard his Yamaha R1 practice bike and instructing at places like Mac Park, Johnson is more than ready to make the long trip back to UK shores. With a wealth of experience at the NW200 and podiums at the Ulster GP, the 2010 TT Fastest Newcomer will be looking to pick up where he left off in 2019 when he secured his maiden TT podium in the RL360 Superstock race after getting the better of Michael Dunlop on the fourth and final 37.73- mile lap of the fabled course.

James Hillier,

“I can’t wait to get back to doing what I enjoy so much, it’s been a long time away for everyone involved and it’s going to be something special for myself and RICH Energy OMG Racing Yamaha to finally begin our road racing journey. Practice week at the TT will be a challenge to re-learn the circuit and develop a new bike but with a strong team around me I’m excited to be riding Yamaha machinery this year. The Yamaha R1 and R6 are proven race-winning motorcycles, and our sole goal is to continue that winning success by returning the Yamaha R1 to the top step of a road racing podium.”

David Johnson,

“It’s been a long two years away and I can’t wait to get back to it! After signing for RICH Energy OMG Racing at the beginning of 2020, the world then stopped and unfortunately the TT and international road races were cancelled. RICH Energy OMG Racing have been great to me throughout the covid period and I’m more determined than ever to repay them with a great season this year. I’ve been riding a hell of a lot at different circuits out here in Australia on my Yamaha R1 and I feel faster than I ever have. I’m excited to ride the race versions of the Yamaha R1 and R6 and with the test program we have in place I have no doubt we’ll be ready for the challenge of bringing success for the team and Yamaha."

Paul Curran,

“RICH Energy OMG Racing Yamaha are delighted to see the NW200 and Isle of Man TT events come back bigger and stronger than ever and we’re proud to be a part of both of these legendary races. It’s later than we all planned for obvious reasons but as a team we’re delighted to finally be making our road racing debut with the vast experience of James and Davo aboard our Yamaha R1 and R6 machines. With a firm testing plan in place, we’re confident of strong performances from both riders at the NW200 and the TT so naturally we’re excited to get things under way.”

25-02-2022, 02:02 PM
Website Find Reply