Tech3 KTM Factory Racing Heads to Qatar With Exciting Rookies' Line-Up
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: Tech3Logo.jpg]

We had all been desperately waiting for it since the 2021 finale in Valencia last November, and now it is just around the corner... Ladies and gentlemen, the MotoGP™ 2022 season is about to start and we could not be more thrilled!

Indeed, it is with a brand new and exciting line-up that the Tech3 KTM Factory Racing team is heading to Qatar for the first of the twenty-one races planned around the globe this year. Moto2 World Champion Remy Gardner, who recently turned 24, will make his debut in the MotoGP™ class together with Moto2 Runner-Up and Spanish sensation, Raul Fernandez. The Australian will continue to ride with the number 87, whilst the Madrid-native has chosen the number 25 this year, a number once worn by a certain Maverick Viñales.

After a short winter-break and two very intense but promising preseason tests in Malaysia and Indonesia, racing is truly back and the festivities will kick off on Friday, March 4th with Free Practice 1 at 13:40 local time at the Lusail International Circuit, followed by Free Practice 2 at 18:00. The action will continue on Saturday with Free Practice 3 at 13:15 local time, followed by the final free session at 17:20. The orange duo will experience its first test when Qualifying starts at 18:00, with high hopes to do a fast lap and get a good grid position for their first race in the MotoGP class. On Sunday, the climax will be at its highest and high emotions are expected from both sides of the garage, as Remy and Raul will line-up on the grid for the Grand Prix of Qatar. The lights will go green at 18:00 local time, and we hope that wherever you are in the world, you will be with us. 2022 is on, and we are ready to race.

[Image: RemyGardnerpreLosail.jpg]

Remy Gardner

"Despite my wrist injury, the preseason was positive overall as we managed to ride all the testing days scheduled. I was not perfect on the bike, but all these days allowed me to do enough laps to learn about both my KTM RC16 and the MotoGP class. We understood a lot of things and I cannot wait for Qatar.

This season, it seems reasonable to be targeting the Rookie of the Year title. I would like to be able to fight for it and for some Top 10 together with my team. However, I have a lot to learn and it is going to be a very long season, so it will be key to remain calm, and take each race one by one."

[Image: RaulFernandezpreLosail.jpg]

Raul Fernandez

"We had a good preseason with the team. It was new to me as I had always done my preparation in Europe, but this time we went to Malaysia and Indonesia. I am really happy about how everything went: the feeling with the bike was good and I got on with my new team so well. I went back home feeling very happy.

Now we are heading to Qatar and I will race for the first time-ever in MotoGP. When I was younger, I dreamt about this day, it was always my main goal, and the time has finally come for me to live my dream. I could not be happier. Anyway, like always, I will stay concentrated, focused on each race, on my work, and I will give the best version of myself. Let’s race."

Hervé Poncharal - Team Manager

"Tech3 KTM Factory Racing is more than ever ready to fly to Qatar for the opening round of the MotoGP 2022 season. Both Remy and Raul did a lot of laps during the winter tests, with an interesting race pace for two rookies, although they both still have a lot to learn. Testing is testing, but nothing can match racing, and the next step is to see them on the starting grid and see how they perform on a race distance.

KTM engineers, led by Fabiano Sterlacchini, did a great job this winter to develop the RC16 bike, and the 2022 model is a big improvement compared to the package we had last year, so I am looking forward to see the rookies going full gas when the light goes green on Sunday.

There is a great atmosphere within the team as both riders got to learn and discover their new teams, and the feeling is good on both sides of the garage. The entire crew is really motivated to kick off this new season, so let's see what we can achieve together this year!"

01-03-2022, 03:31 PM
Website Find Reply