WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Team is Thrilled to Kick off 2022 Season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: DovipreLosail.jpg]

Andrea Dovizioso and Darryn Binder will start new WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Team adventure in Qatar this weekend.

Following an exciting preseason with tests in Malaysia and Indonesia, the newly formed WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP eagerly awaits the first race weekend of 2022, which will commence in just a few days at the Losail International Circuit in Qatar. Traditionally, the opening round will be held after sunset under the impressive floodlights around the 5.4-kilometer long track at the outskirts of Qatar’s capital Doha.

For Andrea Dovizioso the Qatar Grand Prix marks the beginning of his 20th full season in the World Championship. The ambitious Italian already started his adaptation process to the Yamaha YZR-M1 during five rounds in 2021 and continued this process throughout the official tests in November last year and February 2022.

Yet, he feels already more at ease with his machine and impatiently waits to arrive in Qatar, where he won two races in the premier class and made it to the podium thrice the last five times he competed at the season opener.

On the other side of the WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Team garage, Darryn Binder anticipates his first ever premier class race weekend with great excitement. The South African tested his Yamaha YZR-M1 in Jerez, at the Sepang International Circuit and at the brand-new venue in Lombok, Indonesia and feels ready to begin his new experience.

One year ago, Binder started the Moto3 World Championship race at the Losail International Circuit from pole position and came out on the podium, which make him carry fantastic memories while he’s just the second rider in history who dares to step straight from the Moto3 to the MotoGP class.

The initial Grand Prix of 2022 kicks off this Friday with Free Practice one for the WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Team duo at 13:40 local time (11:40 CET), followed by FP2 at 18:00 local time (16:00 CET).

Andrea Dovizioso

"I’m really happy and can’t wait to go to Qatar. The Losail International Circuit is an absolutely nice track and I have very good memories there from recent years. Obviously, this makes me very excited not just to arrive there, but also to ride this layout with my Yamaha YZR-M1 and at the same time, to start the season!”

Darryn Binder

“I’m super excited to be heading back to Qatar. I have very good memories from the two races there last year. On top of that, I’m even more excited as it’s my MotoGP debut. We’ve had eight days of testing so far this year. We’ve been taking it step by step and I’m feeling confident that I feel at least comfortable on the bike. I’m ready to start the GP weekend in Qatar and just take it as it comes, lap by lap. We’ll have to see how it goes and where we are and work from there. I’m really looking forward to get this first race under my belt and move on to the next one. I can’t wait to get to Doha!”

Razlan Razali - Founder and Team Principal, WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Racing Team

“The first race of the 2022 MotoGP World Championship is upon us with the first round in Doha, Qatar. It’s a unique race at night with lights, a beautiful setting, challenging conditions and it always provides entertaining races. We are ready! We look forward to the first race and I’m sure this is the same for fans around the globe. We have had some decent testing in Sepang and Mandalika. Both riders trying to understand their machinery, especially Darryn Binder being the rookie of the rookies from Moto3 to MotoGP. It was also a test for the whole crew, being a new team. This will be another first test for us as a new team on a race weekend. On the side of Darryn, we have nearly all new team members, so it’s going to be a challenge. But we are ready.  A lot of preparations have been made and we’re looking forward to the first race and to entertain the MotoGP fans all around the world!

Wilco Zeelenberg - Team Manger, WithU Yamaha RNF MotoGP Racing Team

“It looks like we have everything sorted, especially after the winter tests in Sepang and Mandalika. Three weeks away was quite hard in one way, especially Indonesia, where we found ourselves on the other side, not used to those circumstances. Anyway, the track is really nice and saying, that it looks like all the boys and especially the whole team is ready to start racing, which is always our priority number one. After a long winter stop without performing, it’s going to be challenging. We are all racers and while we feel that with the whole team it’s nice to test and prepare yourself, but it’s clear that the guys are born to race each other and not just testing parts and bits too long, which is the same situation for the whole group. We are willing to perform and show our ambitions on a Sunday on a race weekend. We can not wait to start 2022. It seems that everything is smoothing out a little bit in terms of Covid, which is very good for us to restart. Let’s hope we are able to stay in this condition to travel easier and concentrate on racing instead of PCR tests.”

[Image: YamahaRacingLogo.jpg]

01-03-2022, 03:41 PM
Website Find Reply