ÁLEX MÁRQUEZ READY FOR QATAR CURTAIN-RAISER
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: LCRpressrelease.jpg]

The 2022 MotoGP World Championship gets underway on Friday and LCR Honda CASTROL rider Álex Márquez is in upbeat mood ahead of what is the longest-ever premier class season with 21 races. Starting his second year in LCR colours, the Spaniard saw some encouraging results in pre-season which he will now look to translate on to the track at the opening round in Qatar.

Álex looked comfortable on the new 2022 Honda prototype at Sepang and Mandalika, showing encouraging rhythm and pace at both testing sessions. While there is still plenty more to understand and develop on the bike, he is confident of being competitive in the traditional night race at the Losail International Circuit on Sunday.

[Image: LCRLosailPromo.jpg]

Álex Márquez

“It’s the first GP race of the 2022 season and we come from a really solid pre-season where we were fast and had good race rhythm in both Malaysia and Mandalika. I feel ready for the first race, we would like some more test days of course, but this is the way it is, it’s the same for everybody. I will try to enjoy it, Qatar is always special; it’s a nice track and the conditions change a lot from the morning to the evening, from day to night, so it will be interesting to see which rider can adapt best to those conditions. As I said, I am ready, I am feeling good and am looking forward to ride tomorrow. We’ll try to start the season in a good way. I’m really motivated to start my second season with LCR.”

04-03-2022, 02:37 PM
Website Find Reply