The Elf Marc VDS Racing Team makes a journey into the unknown this weekend when Sam L
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
The Elf Marc VDS Racing Team makes a journey into the unknown this weekend when Sam L
[Image: Lowes&ArbolinoMandalika1.jpg]

The Elf Marc VDS Racing Team makes a journey into the unknown this weekend when Sam Lowes and Tony Arbolino aim to continue a sensational start to 2022 at the new Mandalika International Street Circuit in Indonesia.

It’s 25 years since a motorcycle Grand Prix last took place in Indonesia but Lowes and Arbolino can’t wait to race in front of some of the world’s most passionate fans after the pair produced stunning podium challenges in Qatar’s season opener.

Lowes and Arbolino will get their first chance to tackle the fast 4.3km layout when FP1 gets underway at 955am local time on Friday morning, with the 25-lap race scheduled to start on Sunday at 1320pm.

SAM LOWES

An on-going tendonitis issue in his left wrist couldn’t prevent Lowes from producing a performance full of grit and determination in Qatar and his heroic display was rewarded with a podium from the front row to kick off his 2022 title bid.

Lowes has been having round-the-clock treatment on his left wrist and the Briton is confident he will be right in the mix for another top three in the first Moto2 race to take place in South East Asia since 2019 this weekend.

“The Indonesian fans have incredible passion”

“I’m really excited to get to Indonesia and have the chance to ride a new circuit. I’ve spoken to my brother (Alex) to get some tips on the track and what is it like and he said it was really nice and enjoyable to ride. I’ve been to Indonesia before for sponsor events earlier in my Moto2 career and the big passion the fans have for the sport in incredible. When you have that much support and know people love the sport it gives you a lot of motivation to go there and put on a good show. I’m feeling positive because the first round was a real bonus considering how difficult it was with my left wrist issue. I’ve had a lot of treatment, but the recovery isn’t where I want it to be. The feeling is not as good as I expected but Qatar showed I can still be competitive, and the aim will be to score more important points for the Championship while I work hard to get back to full fitness.”

TONY ARBOLINO

Arbolino enjoyed an Elf Marc VDS Racing Team debut to remember in Qatar and after claiming his first Moto2 front row he then showed his class and growing confidence to finish in an excellent fifth position.

The Italian’s main goal in Mandalika is to build on the momentum gained in Doha and to put himself in a position to fight for a maiden podium in the closely fought Moto2 category.

“My target is to fight for the top five again”

“Qatar was a good race weekend for me and now I’m really looking forward to arriving at a new track and keep building my confidence. I know we can still improve but Qatar was a very positive way to begin the season. I’ve been trying to study the new track and it is always exciting to go a new place and new circuit where everybody starts from zero. It will be a case of who can adapt the quickest, but my target will be to fight for the top five again. Hopefully we can show our potential because I really want to use the momentum gained from round one.”

[Image: ELFVDSLogo.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 17-03-2022, 03:48 PM by Malcolm.)
17-03-2022, 03:47 PM
Website Find Reply