Radio TT returning with new look for TT 2022
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: ManxRadioPromoFeb18.jpg]

Anchored by Steve Day

Radio TT will return this year with full live coverage of every qualifying session and race throughout the road racing fortnight.

But the service is coming back with a new look and feel.

It will be anchored by Steve Day who will be joined in the control tower by chief analyst Chris Boyde.

The radio team will have near-complete, and continuous, oversight of the whole TT course for the first time due to the introduction of live stream visual coverage.

They'll be watching the 20 live action cameras, and footage from two helicopters, as well as split-second data via live timing and rider tracking.

Reporting from the pit lane will be Manx Radio's Chris Kinley and Beth Espey.

Off-track coverage for Radio TT will see daily reports from the paddock, parc ferme and pit lane.

Radio TT will remain a free service and requires no subscription - Chris Sully is the managing director of Manx Radio:

[Image: ListenHere.jpg]

[Image: manxradiomain2.jpg]

18-02-2022, 01:05 PM
Website Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Radio TT returning with new look for TT 2022
The radio will be in sync with the TV stream, so not live but subject to delay. Has anyone seen anything anywhere as to how long the delay is? Would 5 seconds be enough or are we expecting maybe 30 seconds or a minute? Is the "live timing" actually be going to be live, or also subject to delay to sync with video and radio?

Off island it probably isn't too much of an issue, but on island the time delay from live could prove to be a problem. If they're broadcasting (video and radio of) John McGuinness passing Ballacraine, but you're sat at Ballacraine and saw him go by a minute before it's not much of a service to knowing what's happening in the race.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
21-02-2022, 01:24 PM
Find Reply
Spartacus Offline

Threads: 10
Well said HammerHead.
22-02-2022, 08:15 PM
Find Reply
civ Offline

Threads: 3
(21-02-2022, 01:24 PM)HammerHead Wrote: The radio will be in sync with the TV stream

I think it's been said that any delay will be added to the TV stream separately - the feed that the radio commentators are watching will be live, they'll not be watching the same as the fans at home.
22-03-2022, 11:55 PM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
(22-03-2022, 11:55 PM)civ Wrote: I think it's been said that any delay will be added to the TV stream separately - the feed that the radio commentators are watching will be live, they'll not be watching the same as the fans at home.

I hadn't seen that anywhere, so that is good news if it is the case.

Since my post I have seen (if I remember correctly) that the delay on the video will be 20 seconds.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
24-03-2022, 02:23 PM
Find Reply