Young Italian joins Team ILR at Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: ILRlogo.jpg]

Team ILR are pleased to announce that we will be running exciting young 16 year old prospect Alessio Guarnieri in the first round of the BSB Pirelli National Junior Superstock Championship at Silverstone on 15-17 April.

Alessio will ride the Team ILR - Mark Coverdale 2021 CBR600RR Honda imported by the team from Japan, and which proved to be very competitive when contested in four rounds of the same championship.

Alessio began his career at the age of nine, driving go karts in the Vortex series, moving up through the faster classes as he gained experience and honed his driving skills.

It was only as recent as September 2020 that he had his first test on a motorcycle, and he continued testing throughout the pandemic whilst patiently waiting to have his first competitive outing and prove himself on two wheels.

That opportunity finally arose when he raced in Moto 3 in April 2021 riding a Beon 450 GP.

It was during this time that he had three wild cards in the Italian Championship, known as “CIV” in the Supersport 600 Series and he made two podiums, a remarkable achievement in such a short period of time.

With a determination to move into 'full size' race bikes as soon as he can, Alessio has quickly gained a reputation of riding with a balance of safety and aggression.

He focuses on speed and high finishes whilst maintaining on track sensibility, and manages to balance the fast paced world of bike racing with his all important education.

The young Italian rider, who races under a Swiss licence, will initially link up with the team for the Official BSB test at Silverstone a week prior to the opening round.

[Image: Guarnieri.jpg]

Team ILR owner-manager Ian Lougher:

"We look forward to welcoming Alessio into the Team ILR fold.

It’s a tough job for any 16 year old to jump into the Junior Superstock class at BSB level, but especially so when they’ve never even seen the circuit before.

But he’ll have full support from us, with no pressure, and I’m convinced he’ll acquit himself very well once he’s learnt where he’s going.

I’m also sure the nimble chassis and smooth engine characteristics of the CBR600RR will suit a young rider like Alessio."

Alessio Guarnieri:

"The tests and the two races that I will have in the Pirelli National Junior Superstock Championship make me very excited, and I am pretty sure that it will be a huge experience for me.

If I recall when I started riding the first bike less than two years ago, I couldn’t imagine improving as fast as I did.

My main objective for Silverstone is to get up to speed quickly and manage to be in the best positions possible while understanding the new CBR 2021, this means gathering data in the tests and being aggressive in the race once settled on the bike.

I am looking forward to ride on such a beautiful circuit in the BSB paddock."

28-03-2022, 04:55 PM
Website Find Reply