Another TT over.
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
Another TT over.
Well another one over. The racing was great. As always the sidecars got a bad deal but on the whole Garry Thompson done a great job getting the racing completed. But it dose make you wounder how he will get on next year with 2 extra days  racing and only 2 rest days.
There was a lot more areas that were charging to view. Some as much as £30 for a race day. But you get toilets and hot food available so you can make  your choice. There are still plenty of free spots you can sit at. . I did have to get out a lot earlier to stake my spot. Some days 6.30am.
The area behind the granstand is now a full monster energy Amaricanised zone. Expensive beer food and poo music. They did have a few good bands on but for me the feel was all wrong. I think that is a area now left for the younger people. Still some great pubs in Douglas near the harbour. And the Legion was doing free membership ship for the tt. They had some good bands on and cheep beer although no Manx beer?
I think my days of staying in Douglas are numberd and it's only out of loyalty to our landlady we go back.
The 50mph limits wasn't a problem still plenty of back roads that you could get a hussle on away from the fast lads on the mountain roads.
So sat on the Mannan now heading back to Liverpool.
Roll on next year.
12-06-2022, 04:31 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Another TT over.
I got home tonight, was on the Liverpool boat docking at 7:30 pm. Home and say on the sofa.

The racing has been great. As said above, Gary Thompson did a good job of getting it all in. The weather gave us all headaches at times, we had burning sun, rain and wind but it's all done and dusted. Great to see MD bag the two 600 races and Hicky proving to be the man on the big bikes and surprisingly on the twin too. Dean Harrison for giving 110% all week, that lad tried hard but got pipped. Davy Todd, Connor Cummins and Glen Erwin were also stand out names for me this week

Sidecars have suffered from day one this year, never getting going. Thoughts are with those that didn't come home in both the sidecars and the solos

The 50 limits are a bit extreme imo, 60 would be more appropriate imo but I guess there's good reason behind It and there's plenty unrestricted roads to have a tear up on.

I missed the ramsey hairpin commentary point though, I think it adds atmosphere. It's back for the manx and I'll be pleased to ear it.

I always stay down at port st mary, it's a great escape from the hullabaloo of Douglas which suites me these days.

Yes, a few now charging quite a lot (25 quid at black dub for a practice session is too much). I'm an hedgerows man anyway. This week I've watched from barregarrow crossroads, glen vine, union mills, bray hill and morown, all free, all great!

I never got over the mountain once, it were either shut, racing or weather, no great shake, it's not going anywhere and I'll be back there soon enough.

Overall, it were great to be back on the island and i loved every second.

See you at the manx!

=======================================================================
See you on the island
12-06-2022, 10:42 PM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
H2 you must of been on the same boat as me. Tod was the stand out rider for me. Connor putting that big crash behind him for 2 podiums was it? And Paul Jordens 3rd in the twins. I said all week if it wasn't for Dunlop and Hickman Dean would win everything. He puts his heart into it and he so fast. Maybe the Kwak not quite up to the job or Hickman is just a step up.
Interesting to hear them say the BMW used more fuel but they managed to fill it quicker. Then the Honda and Kwak. I thought the fillers filled at the same speed. Food for thought. Did miss Roy at the hair pin. Managed to get a bride cream tea. But not a run over the mountain. Closed more then it was open.
12-06-2022, 11:14 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Well we got home on the Sunday I did enjoy it this year but things are getting a bit more expensive and it's aimed at the younger one's wich i was a long time ago the racing was fantastic but the lows were very low but I made some new friends which is part of the TT but to top it all me and the misses have tested positive for covid after feeling a bit rough for last couple of days but we will be back next year I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
13-06-2022, 07:06 AM
Find Reply