Where did we watch.
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
Where did we watch.
For those that was on the  island this year where did you watch. Was it any good was there food bogs ect. And was you locked in. Those that wasn't there. Were was your favorite spot in the past. Can you still watch from there? We find the best spots by word of mouth so I would be interested to see if your spot was better then mine. Also it will give peaple ideas for next year or the Manx. Unfortunately I won't be at the Manx but I'm sure some of our fellow forum members will be.
17-06-2022, 12:55 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
RE: Where did we watch.
I went to laurel bank a couple of times in the field above the road its a very good spot to watch from the chap who owns the field let's you park your bike or your car there for free or you can give a donation to the helicopter fund which 100% did and you can use the toilet in his garage but you have to take your own food and drink with you ,he's a really nice guy 👍
17-06-2022, 01:31 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
Right then.....

Saturday from barregarrow crossroads (favorite spot)
Monday from union mills church
Wednesday from bray hill
Friday from Glen vine / Glen lough
Saturday from morown

Brews, food and bogs at them all

=======================================================================
See you on the island
17-06-2022, 02:52 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

The other places we went too was Glen Helen approach in a field but you could walk to Glen Helen through the wooded area to the cafe and toilets.
We went to Glen Helen itself on another day
And finally on bray Hill in the school grounds but you had to bring your own snapping and there were toilets there.
17-06-2022, 04:00 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

(17-06-2022, 04:00 PM)Revvin rich Wrote: The other places we went too was Glen Helen approach in a field but you could walk to Glen Helen through the wooded area to the cafe and toilets.
We went to Glen Helen itself on another day
And finally on bray Hill in the school grounds but you had to bring your own snapping and there were toilets there.

I've watched from the field at Glen Helen in the past, it's a great spot. Was the cafe at Glen Helen open for business again?

Fwiw, you can get grub at the school grounds at bray hill by strolling round to st ninians church and the petrol station over the footbridge, you'll likely already know that though

See you on the island
17-06-2022, 04:15 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Yes they have built a wooden cabin at Glen Helen and sell hot food and drinks very good.
In the past they have had hot food and drinks at the school on bray Hill but this year not, but like you said its just a short walk to the garage over the foot bridge.
17-06-2022, 05:12 PM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Thursday evening we watched from Gorse lea. Very fast and the bikes are right up to the wall.
Toilets there and food race week but not Thursday practice.
Friday Black dub. Food and a bar selling real ales. There are toilets but £20 for a reserve seat in the new grandstand. £30 race week. But in my opinion the old seats further along give a better view.
Sarah's cottage is a great spec. You see them come up from Glen Helen then peel right at the top of the hill. Toilets, lovely gardens, good priced food and hot drinks.
Penny campsite end of Kirk Michael Village good spot you can see them go into Rhencullen. Hot food and toilets.
Top of Barragerrow. Burger van and toilets in the campsite at the top.
Gooseneck. Portaloo and burger van. Great spot for pics.
Does anyone know if you can still sit on the wall at Rhencullen? Also has anyone watched from the church on the outside of Barrowgarrow Cross roads or the bottom of Barrowgarrow?
17-06-2022, 05:44 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

(17-06-2022, 05:44 PM)Chrisp955 Wrote:  Also has anyone watched from the church on the outside of Barrowgarrow Cross roads or the bottom of Barrowgarrow?

I've watched from both. Bottom good but limited space, walk down on inside of course from crossroads. Passing it this year with roads open looked like there is a little more open on the exit but can't confirm, used to be able to watch on fence side on the exit back in the day.

Church is ok if you want to move around on the outside of the course, limited view, better for practice IMO.

See you on the island
17-06-2022, 06:06 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

I fancy a bit of greeba castle at the manx.

Does anybody know if it's possible to park at greeba castle and watch from the roadside?

One of the few places I've never been, I've no problem being trapped or taking food with me.

See you on the island
17-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 30
Grandstand for Sunday's opening practice - £5 - Food stalls, toilets, etc (obviously) My eyesight is not so good, so it was a good place to check out who was riding what, as I struggle to read the numbers [not locked in]

Cronk-y-Voddy for Monday night - £0 - food wagon & toilets available [not locked in]

Sarah’s Cottage Tuesday night - £0 - hot drinks & snacks (including a much needed warming soup) & toilets  [locked in]

Hillberry grandstand Wednesday night - £5 - food hut & toilets available (when session was red flagged, I cooked chicken & gammon with porchini mushrooms, in a cream & brandy sauce - in my motorhome whilst waiting for roads to open)  [locked in, until very late due to taking my motorhome - car or bike would have been ok]

The Goosneck Thursday night - £0 - food hut & toilets available (I can confirm that my Suzuki GSX-R1000R does not handle well off road, but I traversed the field (there & back) without incident, despite my short legs & OAP status!  [not locked in]

Back to Conk-y-Voddy Friday £2 per person, £5 per bike or £8 per car (same price for race week)  [not locked in]

Bungalow (my favourite place to watch the racing)  Saturday - £0 - Victory cafe plus drink & snack hut & toilets available [locked in, but didn't have to wait for mountain road to re-open as I went back via Sulby]

Bungalow Monday

Bungalow Wednesday

Bungalow Thursday

Bungalow Friday

Ballacrane Saturday (was on the ferry that evening, so stayed local to Peel) - £10 for a seat - food hut available  [not locked in]

Had a great time, but got home & tested positive for Covid (not good)

MGP only 9 weeks away - can't wait & already booked for 2023 TT before I left for this one

Hope this helps
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2022, 06:46 PM by Nasher.)
17-06-2022, 06:41 PM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

H2 for some reason I can only see half your post it goes of the page on my phone. Last time I was at Greeba Castle you could drive up the steep drive  on the right going in the direction of the corse and park at the top. You could  watch from the old tennis courts. I did see a sign this year when  riding past that said £5 to watch from hear.
17-06-2022, 08:24 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

We got home on the Sunday and me and the misses tested positive for covid definitely not good
17-06-2022, 09:40 PM
Find Reply
Manxman78 Offline

Threads: 27
I had some visitors staying with me for TT and they all went back on the Friday 10th  and Monday I tested postive for covid the Island is going through a 4 fold increase in cases at the moment and steadily increasing daily which was expected after TT.

Probably happen again after the Manx Grand Prix.
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2022, 09:48 PM by Manxman78.)
17-06-2022, 09:47 PM
Find Reply
Manxman78 Offline

(17-06-2022, 09:40 PM)Revvin rich Wrote: We got home on the Sunday and me and the misses tested positive for covid definitely not good

Hope you feel better soon
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2022, 09:54 PM by Manxman78.)
17-06-2022, 09:53 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

(17-06-2022, 08:24 PM)Chrisp955 Wrote: H2 for some reason I can only see half your post it goes of the page on my phone. Last time I was at Greeba Castle you could drive up the steep drive  on the right going in the direction of the corse and park at the top. You could  watch from the old tennis courts. I did see a sign this year when  riding past that said £5 to watch from hear.

Cheers pal

See you on the island
18-06-2022, 09:00 AM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Cheers for that Manxman I'm feeling a lot better now and the misses is feeling better than she was it will take more than covid to stop me from going to the TT roll on next year🏍
18-06-2022, 09:42 AM
Find Reply
Manxman78 Offline

(18-06-2022, 09:42 AM)Revvin rich Wrote: Cheers for that Manxman I'm feeling  a lot better now and the misses is feeling better than she was it will take more than covid to stop me from going to the TT roll on next year🏍

Glad hear your both feeling better, glad to hear that your looking forward to TT next year 💪🏍
18-06-2022, 12:09 PM
Find Reply
SILJA Offline

Threads: 38
Practice June 2. Walk to Bottom of Bray Hill outside of the course (always the first evening). Portaloo, food wagon.

June 3 in the paddock

June 4 Walk to Braddan Bridge outside the course. Entrance fee. A lot different dishes. Toiliets.

June 6 Rented mini bus to Conker Fields by the "K" tree. Was inside the course. Fantastic high speed lefthander. Back wheel riding. Long black rubber lines after rear wheels of the
superstocks. Small entrance fee. Portaloo, food wagons. Recommended!

June 8 Bungalow. Both sides by tram. Toilets and food at Victory.

June 10 Train to Ramsey. First outside at Cruickshank's for the Supersport 2. Walked backroads to outside Glen Auldyn Bridge. When I arrived the postponed Sidecars were red flagged. The Senior postponed because of rain. All facilities in Ramsey of course. At the spots I visited, nothing but a portaloo at the start of May Hill.
Don't be that optimistic! The light in the tunnel can be a train. Sad
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2022, 04:18 PM by SILJA.)
18-06-2022, 04:11 PM
Website Find Reply
rutolander Offline
Three Star Member

Threads: 14
All two weeks in Ramsey testing new camera call me boring but I don't think so
20-06-2022, 09:32 AM
Find Reply