Covid - The TT variant
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
Covid - The TT variant
Greetings one & all!
I've not been on since 3rd June, firstly my (very) old i phone is rubbish & I can't get online most of the time over there,
then I brought back what most seem to be calling "The TT Variant" of Covid!

Did any else get it?

I tested negative yesterday & again today & I feel OK now, so I think that's it.
12 days since first symptoms, but, bizarrely it didn't affect me much 'til I got back home!
(TT adrenaline must have helped!)
It was more than a cold, I can tell you that much, I wouldn't want to go through that again, & I've been tripled jabbed too!

Stay safe everyone, I'll be taking precautions when we go back for the (infamous) S100 day trip in a few weeks, at least we won't have to queue in that stairwell with hundreds of others above & below, coughing & spluttering down onto us, while waiting to get to the bikes! Icon_evil
20-06-2022, 09:02 AM
Website Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Covid - The TT variant
Yep, Tested positive the day after I got back (Monday13th)

Everything ached, trouble breathing, coughing, etc

Just tested again & still positive, but feeling a bit better (sitting around the house all day is not helping)

Having managed to avoid getting it for 2 1/2 years and 3 jabs, at least I caught it attended one of my favourite events in the World!,

Hope all those that caught it feel better soon, see you at the Manx or next year's TT
20-06-2022, 09:28 AM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
There was 7 in our digs and 5 tested positive for covid when they got back and all felt very poorly.
20-06-2022, 03:06 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
Got it towards the end of race week. Thought it was just the 'TT Flu' that often goes round the paddock but after an horrendous drive back from Heysham to the West Country I took a test and sure 'nuff - positive. Just went back to work today but it's left a nasty chest infection behind. Got some anti virals delivered which hopefully took the edge off it though. Glad I didn't get the 'full fat' version that was going round in 2020...
20-06-2022, 07:58 PM
Website Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
just be carefull with the anti virals a lad i work with was slightly ill with covid feww weeks back and is classed as medically at risk due to other things
once he got the anti virals he was very ill
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
21-06-2022, 11:17 AM
Find Reply
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 8
(21-06-2022, 11:17 AM)scaramanga Wrote: just be carefull with the anti virals a lad i work with was slightly ill with covid feww weeks back and is classed as medically at risk due to other things
once he got the anti virals he was very ill

I got the antivirals because I'm on chemo. They worked a treat, but you have to be very careful about interaction with other drugs, including over the counter supplements etc.
23-06-2022, 08:07 AM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
My wife came home with it as well, but thankfully only very mild symptoms, but then she did not watch the racing ! Luckily, I have managed to avoid it so far.
24-06-2022, 10:44 AM
Find Reply