Barbon Hill Climb - 23rd July 2022
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 393
Barbon Hill Climb - 23rd July 2022
Just a mention for the 54th running of the "Percy Duff" Barbon Hill Climb, at Barbon (obviously!) near Kirby Lonsdale.
Set in a beautiful location overlooking the Lune Valley, it's a round of the British Hill Climb championship, a fantastic event, only spoiled by the fact that myself & The Famous Mr. Led will be competing in it. Confused
Having said that we did Leighton Hall last weekend & I got a trophy for fastest pre 1960 machine, first trophy I've ever won!
just goes to show, I started this malarkey age 57 (never done any kind of motorsport before!) & 5 years later I've won summat!
Anyway, that's where we'll be, practice starts at 09.30 & racing at around 12 & it's on SATURDAY, not Sunday!

p.s. I'm number 23!

local paper report -
The Percy Duff Barbon Hill Climb is scheduled to take place on July 23, and will be held at the Barbon Manor in Kirkby Lonsdale.
A round in the National Hill Climb Championship will include a practice run from 9.30am before the racing begins at 12.00am.
This year will see the 54th running of the Percy Duff, Barbon Hill Climb which will be set on the beautiful grounds of the Manor.
This event pits the best riders from the British Hill Climb Championship, Super Moto and Road Racing against one of the most challenging Confused tracks in the country.  
Entry to the event is £10.00 which includes a programme.
19-07-2022, 02:13 PM
Website Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 71
RE: Barbon Hill Climb - 23rd July 2022
I did it in the 70s on a 250cc yamaha I didn't know it was still going im right in thinking it was Lord Hesketh estate I don't if it still is in the family as I remember it was quite a good blast up the hill if my memory serves me right a certain Steve Tonkin won it outright that day
22-07-2022, 01:21 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 393
RE: Barbon Hill Climb - 23rd July 2022
It stopped for a few years after 2011 & came back in about 2019, & the past 2 years has been a round of the British Championship.
I was talking to Steve earlier, as he did a bit of work on my bike & I was telling him of my success last week at Leighton (did i mention that? Blush)
Shame it rained all day!
I know for many years it has belonged to the Shuttleworths, not sure if still the same.
23-07-2022, 06:30 PM
Website Find Reply