Another Consultation
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Threads: 124
Another Consultation
Another consultation opened yesterday on future plans for the TT

https://consult.gov.im/economic-developm...e-tt-2023/

Ten races instead of eight in two day blocks, rest days on Monday and Thursday, senior to move to Saturday.

Available o-line until 12th August.
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
20-07-2022, 09:01 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 365
RE: Another Consultation
This is getting blooming ridiculous!
Is it the 3rd one? I'm sure I did one last year & one a few weeks ago!
Being as everyone I know has booked according to the race dates given on the Steam packet website, 
it'll be a poor do if they change it again!!
Still that'll be more people on the island for longer, to spend more money on attractions & in the shops!
As they are now saying that there aren't enough "earning" people on the Island & they want more people to live there,
to bring money in to the economy, maybe getting us to spend more of our hard earned is part of a grand masterplan!!!
or maybe I'm just getting paranoid!! Confused
20-07-2022, 01:30 PM
Website Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
I'm in/on the same boat as you Cap'n with that view on just having numbers on the IoM seems to be more important than full length races on the advertised days ..... I honestly have no idea how they think they'll have 2 x 2 days of racing with no delays etc ... that schedule will undoubtedly lead to a very bitty omnishambles of shortened races which I hate to say wouldn't surprise me if that became the norm, I heard this year and not heard before chat of "rider fatigue" a few times(not from riders), I seriously hope we're not heading towards 4 laps max racing but far too often the races are shortened when there's plenty of time available on the day or next day or maybe that's just old fashioned me thinking that the course is no safer on lap4 than it is on lap6.....and there still isn't in my old fashioned opinion simply nowhere near enough practice time especially for riders newer to the circuit, having been out on the course every practice / race session this year in one of the course/marshal response cars it's not light enough much past 8:30/45 particularly if cloudy....apx 2 hrs per day to fit in all the classes isn't enough time......as for their laughable 100k population sophistry - might sound big n clever but where will they all potentially live ?? there isn't enough housing as it is..
20-07-2022, 03:08 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 365
(20-07-2022, 03:08 PM)Alfie Noakes Wrote: ...as for their laughable 100k population sophistry - might sound big n clever but where will they all potentially live ?? there isn't enough housing as it is..

My thoughts exactly!
Maybe they could leave the Duke TT village & other "temporary" TT accommodation up all year round!
20-07-2022, 03:32 PM
Website Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
(20-07-2022, 03:32 PM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: My thoughts exactly!
Maybe they could leave the Duke TT village & other "temporary" TT accommodation up all year round!

and you can guarantee those govt goons are thinking 100k population with most of them sheeple peeple things paying tax/NI into the coffers ... population is apx 85k at mo so by very average figures at a guess you'd need minimum 3-4000 new houses houses ?, not to mention bigger schools and bigger better infrastructure in general........looking at the state of the list of unfinished over budget works :- promenade, the horse tram track debacle, the multi-million pound NSC water flume and the well and way over budget landing stage at Liverpool are not good indicators that the people in charge at CoMin actually have a clue how to run any business that involves procurement and completion to original spec and budget.....i'm very proud of of being Manx but over the last few years the place has changed for me and not generally in a good way.....there just seems to be a policy of the powers that be having no accountability or responsibility for their mess ups.....I hope and pray that their special way of doing things doesn't spill over into the TT too much because it would be very easy to properly cock it all up for want of a better phrase.
20-07-2022, 06:14 PM
Find Reply
Spartacus Offline

Threads: 10
(20-07-2022, 09:01 AM)Chris_Sav Wrote: Another consultation opened yesterday on future plans for the TT

https://consult.gov.im/economic-developm...e-tt-2023/

Ten races instead of eight in two day blocks, rest days on Monday and Thursday, senior to move to Saturday.

Available o-line until 12th August.

I booked for 2023 and did not see this announcement. I booked to come home the Saturday after the seniors and now I will miss it.
Don't fix it if it if it isn't broken.
Why change it?
21-07-2022, 06:08 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 30
There's links to information on the background & proposal below that offers some of the rationale for change.....

https://consult.gov.im/economic-developm...s%20v3.pdf

https://iomttraces.com/latest/news/more-...023-jun21/
22-07-2022, 07:25 AM
Find Reply