The Forum / The Future
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Threads: 133
RE: The Forum / The Future
Still awaiting owner's preferences, but it appears to me that the forum is what most members wish to keep going.

I'll have a closer look at the website half when I hear from the owner.
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
16-01-2024, 03:45 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 399
That does seem to be the general consensus,
I must admit to feeling a little guilty, being in favour of the forum, after all the work that Malcolm must have put in to the rest of the site over all these years.
16-01-2024, 03:55 PM
Website Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
Well this has been a read!

I haven't logged in for around 18 months so had missed the sad news of Malcolm's (RIP) passing and all the trials and tribulations of the website and forum.

For what it's worth, I have a bookmark for the forum and it's that which I read. I have, from time to time, clicked through from the forum onto the "main" website and browsed the content - old interviews and the like - but it's a rarity, so for me the forum is the key part.

Many thanks from me to all who have put in time, effort and cash to keep this going, and also contributed to the deserved plaque.

I'll try and pop in more regularly again now, having found my way back.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
24-01-2024, 03:08 PM
Find Reply
Multirider Offline

Threads: 1
Hi Chris,

thank you very much for the time and effort you put into this forum.

Running such a special forum is actually a pure luxury. A handful of people write posts and finance the whole thing, the rest just pick up information. As moderator of the German IOM forum, I know the problem. But we still love our forum and are holding on to it.

I am in favor of maintaining the forum and am happy to make a donation. The rest of the website is less interesting for me personally.

I would prefer to pay via paypal, or hand it over in cash on the island. There are only 3 weeks left.

Best regards

Rudi
Don´t dream your life, live your dreams!

1 hour ago
Website Find Reply