mallory, boxing day - pykey
Anonymous
Unregistered

mallory, boxing day - pykey
hi mate. good job you didn't go to mallory today. the bikes never even went out to practice. clerk of the course wouldn't let them out because of thick ice on parts of the circuit - even after the sports cars had done about 40 laps to get rid of it. the cars, of course, got all their races. talk about a mass exodus when chris carter announced it! best off was the car commentator who asked "why don't you all stay and watch 4 great car races?" my answer is of course unprintable.
ade!
26-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: mallory, boxing day - pykey
A bit blinkered if you ask me.
26-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

in which way is this blinkered???
because several hundred of us turned up to see MOTORCYCLE racing didn't want to stand shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of jeremys and tristrams, all chortling away in their ratting hats and barbour wax coats with flowing shoulder guards, sipping a snifter of mulled wine and nibbling on dainty portions of pate le frois gras, to my mind, is hardly blinkered in any way. but then, perhaps i'm a teeny bit prejudiced!
ade!
27-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ade i thought you were an upper class yupie as even that lot have tattoo's? shame i didnt travel but i went to see my beloved EFC, all the best.
27-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds like it.
27-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

if you want to have a pop at me sunshine, then do it out in the open, stop hiding. me and pykey have met, and got drunk several times, and so know exactly what the other is. yuppy, i aint! so don't mistake p*ss taking for fact.
ade!
27-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah come on Ade, you should have stayed and watched some terrific car racing, they go round and round and sometimes they do skids at the hairpin!!!
;-)
27-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

And a merry christmas to you to!
I'm not hiding anywhere. I was once forced to go and see a car meeting under the expectation that it was bikes. I stayed, and surprise surprise it was quite entertaining.
And don't call me sunshine.

27-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Boys, boys, boys!
Whatever happened to the spirit of goodwill towards all...even those who drive those tin boxes...don't have one myself, but ....
I can't begin to imagine Ade's disappointment when he finally manages to get to a race after his "slight accident" earlier in the year, only to have the darn thing cancelled.
As for you, Russ, no point in asking you to stop causing trouble, given that its one of the many things I like about you!
Happy New Year to all of you, and I look forward to seeing you all at racing in 2005. xxx
27-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Boys, boys, boys!
disappointment was an understatement helen. first time i'd managed to drive the banger as well since july and first time i'd managed to tie my boot laces, took me about ten minutes but i did it. derby beat second in the table wigan as well, so the day wasn't a complete washout.
as for you billy, if you will stick your nose in threads that are aimed at other people, you deserve all you get sunshine ;-] go to as many car races as you like if that's what you get your jollies from, but me, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, the only cars i watch racing are sidecars. and, after all, this is a MOTORCYCLE RACING site, n'est pas?
lol, ade! [walks off into the shadows singing "you are the sunshine of my life" softly to himself]
27-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Driving, eh? Look out, folks, he's back.
Kerr Douglas, sidecar pasenger extraordinaire, who, as the result of a road accident, is now a wheelchair user, is intending emulating one of the Eurocup Sidecar drivers, who is also paraplegic, but races at a very high level.
If Kerr is looking for a passenger, I'll fight you for it, Ade!
27-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh....
I've never been very good with laces meself...I tend to go for Velcro...good at that...
27-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sorry I didn't realise that private comments were being posted on a public web site. I will refrain from reading them in future.
28-12-2004, 01:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

well done. you've learnt something then!
ade!
28-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ade invite Billy to meet you in the Alma and maybe he will buy us all a pint? hope the injuries are healing and you will be fully fit for the new season and wish Debs a Happy New Year.
28-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can any lurker read this, or is it now private between U and Mr Bookcase?
29-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Apparently lurking is allowed but responding isn't....so keep out of this.......sunshine.
29-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been lurking through the mist and rain on the beach with the dog this morning wearing my long Drizabone stockmans coat, flat cap and green wellies.

"Jolly good gear to wear on a bad day like this, what say you Jeremy old boy?".

29-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I say, I say, I say, that's no way to talk about your wife!
29-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sunshine
What I'd give for a bit of sunshine. It's dreich, drear and miserably wet and windy here, sunshine.
29-12-2004, 09:50 PM