New Team Manager
Anonymous
Unregistered

New Team Manager
Foggy appoints new team manager

Carl Fogarty has recruited Jack Valentine as the new race team manager of his Foggy PETRONAS Racing outfit.

Jack, 51, who has a wealth of experience in motorcycle racing, was responsible for a succession of British championship and TT successes with the V&M Racing set-up. For the last two seasons he masterminded Triumph's return to racing with his own ValMoto team in the British Supersport championship.

His relationship with Carl dates back to 1992 when the seven-times world champion rode for Jack's team in the 400cc Supersport Isle of Man TT, breaking the lap record from his first standing start.

Jack takes over the responsibilities performed last season by chief engineer Steve Thompson, who continues in a technical consultancy role in the World Superbike project.

His first involvement with new riders Garry McCoy and Steve Martin will be at the first official World Superbike test of the season on February 19 in Qatar, followed by the first race of the season a week later.

Carl said: "I'm really pleased to have Jack on board. I have been looking to change things around for the new season and have been looking for a figurehead team manager, as we did not have anyone in that specific role last year and we needed to balance things up. I have known Jack for 15 years and wherever he has been he has done a good job. His teams have always been professionally run and I am certain that he will bring experience and fresh ideas to my team."
14-01-2005, 07:44 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: New Team Manager
I am still wondering why Foggy and Daddy Foggy sold of all their trophies etc at the classic show,was it to raise funds for the Petronas team?
14-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

See that you have not lost your sense of humour Pykey !

cheers,
Stella
14-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seems to cancel any plans of Jack returning to the TT.
14-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does the FP1 comply with TT F1 spec atall?Now theres a thought...
15-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Race Specification

TT Superbike Machines complying with World Superbike and/or British Superbike specifications

Over 750cc up to 1000cc 4 cylinders

Over 750cc up to 1000cc 3 cylinders

Over 800cc up to 1000cc 2 cylinders

Well he could use it in the superbike race.
15-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

First of all, good on big Jack, he's put a lot into bike racing over the years and at least he will get well paid for this one.

As for the bike, very few people know the trouble they've had with that machine. I had a word with James Haydon a few months back and he mentioned sonething like 30 mechanical breakdowns while riding for FPR. Okay that was a while back and things have changed, but the bike has struggled even after the have said, on many occasions, that they have made improvements. Now with the other manufacturers, directly or otherwise, back in the pot, I just can't see this project going anywhere.....with or without big Jack. Now, have a look at Foggys latest mouthings
<A HREF="http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=5&nid=104195">http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=5&nid=104195</A>

<A HREF="http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=6&nid=104237">http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=6&nid=104237</A>

What do you guys think?
15-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can't even be bothered to read about Big Mouth,and I really can't understand why anyone would want to work for him.Good luck to Jack though---he will need it.
16-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a difference between him and Joey, particularly when you read Don Simons posting below about Joey.

Now there was a real ambassador a true sportsman and human being who brought credit to our sport.

With Joey it was never me, me, me.

Guess we are very lucky that Mr Fogarty is just one of a small minority of his type who have patronised our sport.
16-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was the same ! skimmed through the article. Reminded me just how much Foggy bugged me,don`t get me wrong,i had respect in bucket loads as a racer but personality wise ?.... well nuff said.
I cannot stand people that are so disrespectfull of other racers in the way that he is in his comments towards Hodgeson etc.Does surprise me that Jack Valentine has gone with him, wouldn`t mind being a fly on the wall after some of the testing let alone race meetings.
Oh yes anyone know if Craig Jones is set up anywhere yet ?

cheers,
Stella
16-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Stella, Craig is sorted with the team that ran JC in supersport before he finished. Now what's the name again.
16-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cheers Harvey, yes know the team you mean Ekerold / Northpoint set up.Really tidy bikes. he should go well with them. Glad he didn`t get lured to FPR racing.

cheers,
Stella
16-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It must be true.
Quote from the FPR website:

"Carl Fogarty is, quite simply, the legend of World Superbike racing."

Good luck Jack.
17-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excuse me while I reach for the sick bag.
17-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great Rider, and one of the best, shame about the Bad Arrogant Attitude.

Pity really,does himself no favours, bit of humility would not go amiss.

Manners maketh man.
17-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's things like when talking about Rossi "The rest I wouldnt give the time of day" (I wonder, does that include his own riders) or "Hodgson needs to prove to me" ME...Aye right.
17-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

He's right in what he said, our best racer for a long time. No home rider's have come close to achieving what he did during his career. I can't see any present riders getting anywhere near his four superbike titles, and he did mix the roads and short circuits and won !

As for Haydon, how many times did he throw it down the road. Bet they were glad to see the back of him.
17-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Garry, Foggys race achievements speak for themselves. His speech achievements do not.
17-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now , let me see!, Carl Fogarty, he has raced at gp level , fairly good at Superbikes, and oh yes, a former TOP IOM TT Rider, LAP RECORD HOLDER(How long did his record stand?),and did he ever knock road racing, yep, maybe he is a bit arrogant, but he was a damn good rider!and you cannae take tht away from him; Can anyone give me any other riders of recent times, who have excelled on the roads, and went on to do big things in ;bsb, moto gp, ama or whatever!, And Not Knock road racing????
17-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

steve hislop?
ade!
18-01-2005, 01:12 AM