MGP Practice
Anonymous
Unregistered

MGP Practice
Can someone tell me whats going on, is the MGP just a classic meeting with just a few modern bikes chucked in.
In all practice sesions the Classics are being sent out first, they get the best weather and light but at the same time not giving the modern bikes the chance to practice in near race conditions. So tell me why do the Classics get first practice
25-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MGP Practice
Not only that they dump oil all over the place creating work for the marshalls
25-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

you just can't do it colin can you? you just can't post anything positive about the sport you supposedly love. what's the next thread? "BAN THE MANX".
how on earth can the classics be given the best weather? the organisers haven't any hold on rain or shine. it's just the luck of the draw. what do you want to do? ban the classics, then the 2 strokes and end up like the tt. 600 and superbike, lots of variety for everybody, not.
come on then, chins out, go for it!
ade!
25-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Working lunch down the pub perhaps ?
25-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Colin, as I understand it,one session starts from the pit lane and the other session starts from the road,coming straight out of the holding area. The Classics NEVER start from the pit lane as those in the control tower cant hear themselves think for the din, so they always start from the road. I believe the sessions are supposed to alternate, whichever one starts first one night, starts last the next night, so, if the Classics appear to get the best weather then it can only be down to coincidence.
25-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shut up, Colin. When you can do better than the likes of John Goodall, the Jacksons or Chris Palmer, then you will have the right to criticise.
25-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not getting involved in this one Helen enjoy the week xx
25-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hadn't liked to come in on this one too early, 'coz you lot would have said "aye, he would say that, wouldn't he!!"

BUT: Colin, you're a painful whinger, so shut it until you've something positive to say, if that day ever comes.
25-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The classics have the first pratice every sesion this year, and how many times have i heard you lot moan about the classics dumping oil. The moan ive made is that of all the competitors on the modern bikes this year at the mgp. And Larry you should know that letting the new commers out with the classics is not a good idea, the classic machines take a different line to most corners
25-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

good, positive response. not. i'll say na more because of ale, and i hate posting when i'm full, unlike you. i'll gee it lally tomorra.
ade!
25-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Posting through you gas again Ade
26-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jeez, I think I might get to enjoy this thread!!
26-08-2005, 12:41 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

26-08-2005, 02:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most of the oil-on-the-course problems that I've seen have been caused by buses, coaches, trucks and tractors. When are they going to stop running them before the Classics go out?
26-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

i answered that before you posted that daft question. no, not at all, i don't like making comments when i've been on the beer, unlike some.
ade!
26-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

26-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think some of you might have got your wires crossed. The Classics do go out first each night at the Manx Grand Prix along with the 125cc and 400cc machines.

Riders with a both a 600cc and 750cc machine can apply to the Clerk of the Course to practice out of session with this class, and they are allowed out first for one lap only.

Ammo is correct about the reason why the Classic's go from Parc Ferme, however at the moment the classes do not alternate. Personally I think they should, but that is my opinion. I am sure there are other reason's behind the practice structure, but I don't know what they are.

Lets hope the weather holds out to this evening and we get another good session. There are still a few Classic boys that need laps to qualify.

Paul
26-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul some of the lads that went out with the classics last night done two laps, which was good.

On Wed,s nights pratice. First lap Classic bikes dumps all its oil at the QB, same lap another Classic dumps its oil at Braddan. Well done to the marshalls who cleaned it up and done a fine job
26-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know that we are on the subject of the MGP practice, but in the TT the solo's are always out first leaving the sidecars to get the worst of the weather and light conditions on most evenings. The reason being (so i have heard in chinese whispers) that it is harder to move a sidecar of the track, health and safety and all that.. But i think that in both Mgp and TT that practices should be alternated if and when they can. Look at the bad weather, if it comes in (and 9 times out of 10 it does) its always near the end of the session, which means that which ever class thats out at that time only gets to do 1 lap, when the first session's class's got 2 maybe 3 laps. i personaly would like to see the practice set up change in both MGP and the TT for all them poor bu**ers that do have to start last every year!!

26-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dont understand why after all these years Colin has suddenly got a bee in his bonnet about Classics dropping oil, its not like its a new problem , and lets face it any bike can drop oil for a multitude of reasons whether classic or modern. Drop the bone Colin for everyones sanity.
26-08-2005, 08:41 PM