MGP Practice
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MGP Practice
it used to be blame the sidecars, now it's the classics. in 20 years time when we're watching the step piston, ceramic engined wolfs running on water it will be the old gsxr1000's. funny old world.
ade!
26-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Slightly off the MGP Practice topic but since we are on the "Oil on Track" issue, are there any statistics giving the difference between incidences of "blown-Up Engines" and "Other Sources of Leaks"?
Are there any records of how well the modern Under-Belly Oil Containment Pans are?
27-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul, the practice sessions did used to alternate, if they dont this year then obviously someone has changed this, for better or worse, but then theyve changed things in the past only to have to go back to the original setup the following year.
27-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a feeling that it was the same last year too.

Paul
27-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dont know Paul, I didnt ride last year, entry refused, but I think it alternated in 2002 & 2003, pretty sure it did.
27-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Colin, you shouldn't be complaining aren't you sponsoring a classic rider ??????????????

I think the first session was a whole lot of shambles, they have spoilt it by organising how
everyone does out, it should have been left alone first come first serve. The faster ones will always find their way through the slower ones.
Unfortunately for me my team got my bike through
the check reasonably early, even if I did get near
the front of practise queue, the queue of 'faster'
400/125/classics was as big as the so called 'slower' ones, by time we got onto the road for the start of practise we found ourselves near the back???? I hardly got any good laps in as
I caught up with several bunches of bikes slower
than myself and that just loses valuable speed on a wee
125 when at times its difficult to pass others
who are spread across the road in front of you, and I certainly didn't take any risks trying and
finding myself pushed into walls, kerbs etc.
I know some will laugh at my comments.....risks.......... but I consider my riding ability as safe and smooth also I am fully aware that crashes can happen to anyone of us. I'm pleased to say that I have come across many newcomers this year and they have been very senisble, I sincerely hope they continue to ride this way.

I have been saddened by the loss of two very experienced riders Geoff Sawyer and John Loder.
I give from all my team our sincere condolances,
to both families and friends.
28-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good Luck Gail and have a safe ride.
28-08-2005, 06:55 PM