Joey's Board
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joey's Board
Hi,<p>We have placed this board on here as a lasting tribute to the greatest road racer there has ever been. Joey will live in the memory of everyone for ever.<p>If you would like to add your own personal thought, anecdote or memory of the gerat man, then please do so here.<p>Keep her lit Joey.

02-01-2001, 09:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Joey's Board
What I most remember about Joey is that I never expected him to be as quick as he was. I first got the impression that he won races through guile and preparation. It was only when I saw him on the Island over Ballacrye or down Bray Hill in the wet, that I discovered that he was a giant on a bike. I saw him chase Trever Nation at the NW200 many years ago. Nation was on the second JPS Norton and had broken away after Robert had broken down. Joey was on his own white RC30. He had no real chance against the unstoppable 588, but he got the head down and thrashed the RC30. To see him through Station corner with the throttle on the stop lap after lap, is something that will stay with me forever. <br>God bless you Joey.<br>Eddie.

02-01-2001, 01:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it was three or four years ago when we were shopping in Safeways during practice week, as you do, with the kids, and at the checkout in front of us was Joey and Linda. <br>It's something that we will always remember. Shopping? Joey Dunlop? In front of us? I got him to sign my crash helmet before they had paid the bill. :-) <p>Pete.

02-01-2001, 04:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I feel honhoured to have met the man twice albeit briefly. The first time he was being wheeled down Douglas prom in a pram for a charity stunt a few years ago, he was looking very bemused but that's the sort of guy he was ! <br>A bit of banter was given and received as we made a donation and he was wheeled off with a cheery wave !<p>The second time was last year, I was behind the grandstand, and I saw him walking towards me followed by David Jeffries after the epic Senior race. I managed to congratulate him and shake his hand as he disapeared towards the pits. Little did I know then this would be the last time I would ever see him.<p>These memories will live with me for ever and I feel immensley privelaged to have met him and seen his unrivaled talent at such close quarter.<p>There will only ever be one William Joseph Dunlop.<p>R.I.P.<p><br>
<br>
<br><hr size=1 width=75%><p>

02-01-2001, 06:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

25-02-2001, 10:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sadly i never met Joey in person but any true motorcyclist who loves road racing must feel that a big part now missing. <br>Rest in peace Joey you will always be the boss #1
<br>

02-03-2001, 02:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sadly i never met Joey in person but any true motorcyclist who loves road racing must feel that a big part is now missing. <br>Rest in peace Joey you will always be the boss #1
<br>

02-03-2001, 02:12 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sadly i never met Joey in person but any true motorcyclist who loves road racing must feel that a big part is now missing. <br>Rest in peace Joey you will always be the boss #1
<br>

02-03-2001, 02:13 AM