Richard Britton
Anonymous
Unregistered

Richard Britton
Sadly, Richard has paid the ultimate price for the love of our sport. He lost his life following an accident at the Ballybunion Road Races. God speed Richard - Thanks for the memories.
18-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Richard Britton
Such bad news indeed, i have known Richard since he started racing, and he was still the same guy, always up for a laugh, but brilliant rider, His loss is a major blow to the sport,more so to his family, and a void that never will be replaced. RIP Ricardo.
To his Family, i Offer My Deepest Sympathies.
God Bless
Baylon
18-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

i didn't even know richard had a 250 for this meeting. what a tragedy to add to the rest taken from us this season. i echo baylon's words in that a nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet.
r.i.p. big lad, you were a hero.
ade! and deb.
18-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't believe it. Richard was a really lovely man, and so brilliant a rider. My heart goes out to the family. I am just stunned.
18-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

All trustees and committee of the Joey Dunlop Foundation would like to offer their condolences to Richards' family.
Richard has helped us so many times, always with a joke and a smile, it is very sad that we will no longer see his cheeky grin.
Absolutely devastating news.
18-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a sad loss, Richard was one of the nicest guy's I have met in racing, he will be missed for his cheery smile and the fun we all had with him. RIP mate.
Condolances to all his family and many friends.
18-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are really sad about this.What more can we say?What an awful year for our sport.Heartfelt condolences to Richard's family and friends.He will be missed by us all.
18-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

God bless lad ,and thank you,one of the best.Barnesie.
18-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes sadly i also heard the news while we were competing at East Fortune race circuit.

Was told by a close friend who is one of the officials. Naturally i kept i to myself while the boys were racing. Probably took the best part of the afternoon for it to sink in.

Sincere condolences and thoughts for richards family and friends, supporters also.

He was a giant in the sport of Realroadracing and you are all in my thoughts.

Stella
18-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im Gutted.

I was informed earlier and I'm still in shock, what a sad end to another year for us all who watch and enjoy this amazing spectacle .

Richard was by far one of the best and most approachable riders. He was a credit to his approach to his favourite sport and all the entertainmet and sportmanship he has provided us with over the years .

He will be very sadly missed.

Our thoughts and prayers are for his family and friends at this very sad time.

Myles Ann Kate & Sam

18-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Richard Britton,

Top bloke, top rider, great sense of humour!!

Our thoughts go out to his Family at this time.

Keep her lit reggie - RIP

PRF Racing

Carl & Paul Rennie, Debbie, Adrian, Elaine & Dekaln, Graham & Ali
18-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We're very sad, our thoughts and love go out to Richard's family and friends.
18-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gutted, once of the friendliest blokes in the paddock, never without a smile...Kinners chasing him down pitlane shouting 'His chain has come off'....one of the funniest moments in the TT, and for the season to come to a close like this is devastating.

My sincere condolences to family and friends.

18-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Richard was so on the pace at the TT this year - running right at the front several times. Such a top rider.
19-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a very sad loss to the racing community and his many many supporters everywhere. Richard was one of the few riders at the pinnacle of this sport that the genuine fan could associate with. His loss will be felt throughout the paddock for a long time.
God bless and condolences to his Family and Friends
Conor and Eileen,
Balbriggan.
19-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its a measure of the man that so many of uas ARE gutted.
This sport of ours throws up certain personalities from time to time that are larger than the sport.
Richard was one of those people.
His character shone out from the crowd.
He seemed to be able to make you smile, whatever the circumstances.
I will miss especially his dynamic ridning style, his humour and that wonderful accent.
My favourite "Rachard Braton" line?
"och well, I came second today and you cant to better than that!"
R.I.P. Richard.

Mike
I keep thinking of the lineup on the stage for the pre TT riders chat show with increasing sadness...

19-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just heard the shocking news this morning. Cant believe it. A great rider. May he rest in peace.
19-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We also wish to register our heartfelt condolences for a man who was greatly revered in road racing circles.

He was such a friendly chap and one of the big the band of TT brothers.

A very sad ending to a season which will only be remembered as having more than enough similar results.
19-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still cant believe it. our thoughts go out to all his family and many friends. such a nice man, what more can we say, R.I.P Richard

Daniel and Hayley Sayle.
19-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It doesnt seem 5 minutes ago since me and my mate Bob were talking to Richard and Martin Finnegan in the beer tent at the Manx after the Classic race. So difficult to believe he's gone.

RIP Richard and sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Colin Hammond
19-09-2005, 08:05 PM