Congratulations Paul
FC
Unregistered

Congratulations Paul
Paul Phillips has been appointed the full time Manager of Motorsports for the DTL, the right man for the job.
27-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Guy Offline

Threads: 10

I couldn't agree more, I have no doubt given his knowledge of the sport & dedication that Paul will do an excellent job !

Congratulations Paul ! Big Grin
When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
27-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

Yes congratulations Paul,a well earnt position for the effort you have put in and this augers well for motorsport on the isle of Man
27-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Find Reply
Myles Lally Offline

Threads: 13

Howya Paul,

Well done, I knew all that time ago on Sulby Bridge (Joey! )that you were destined for this kind of role and knowing you, will eat it up and spit it out !

It goes without saying that you will have your work cut out for you but knowing the drive you posess coupled with the respect for all you've done to date from the network of fellow like minded supporters. You will certainly have them all at your disposal to assist you. You should have no trouble fullfilling this role.

I'm very proud to know you as a friend over all these years since, and delighted that your passion for our sport and dedication to your passion for the TT/MGP and road racing in general has been recognised .

At least we all know its in safe hands now .

Congratulations.

Myles :shock: :shock: :shock:
Irish TT Supporters Club Representitive
27-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Find Reply
kevin quirk Offline

Threads: 28

Having worked with Paul & Milky over the past 18 months , may I congratulate Paul on his appointment and The Hailwood Foundation look forward to maintaining our good relationship in recruiting new riders to the Mountain Circuit for both the TT & MGP

As a Tax payer I have to ask why was some much money wasted in advertsing the position , interviews etc when everyone acknowledged that Paul has been doing an excellent job on a part time basis
27-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

Congatulation Paul from everyone associated with RaceGuard richly deserved for all your dedication and commitment.
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
27-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Website Find Reply
Dave Collister Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

I think this is very good news for the TT - Pauls raw enthusiasm never fails to amaze, well done!
28-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
hear hear
Yes indeed, I think Paul has proved himself and now will do a job which will take much of his time, for our benefit.

He is so enthusiastic and must have many ideas ready to put into operation.

Well done Paul.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
28-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Website Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27

Great news , young enthusiastic just what the TT needs well done Paul .
28-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10

Congratulations to Paul for his elevation.

As TT promoter his brief in the past did not cover the MGP, I'll be interested to hear what he has to say about the future of the event given his overall responsibility now, and the present licence controversy.
30-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39

Agreed Tomcat. as I've stated on other forums (and possibly this one!) if you check out the top 30 seeds in the Superbike TT (for example) you'll find that a healthy number, if not the majority, graduated from the MGP. This in my opinion, underlines the great importance of the MGP for the future health of the TT and as a natural consequence, road racing in general. I also hope the importance of the classic bikes will be rembered as they help to make the atmosphere of the Manx refreshingly different to the TT.
30-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Website Find Reply