TT NUMBER PLATE STANDARDISATION
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141

Anyone try putting on the legal size race numbers on to the tail peice of the new R6 !!
14-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Website Find Reply
dieselglider Offline

Threads: 3

Baylon McCaughey Wrote:Anyone try putting on the legal size race numbers on to the tail peice of the new R6 !!

I can see an opening in the market for replacement grp race tail pieces, with number backing-plates moulded on... Smile
15-05-2006, 05:10 AM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

shaun hogg Wrote:Agree with your posting Ian , very difficult to read some of the numbers now , my father & i wathched at Ballaspur last year & he was complaining about not being able to see the numbers . I would prefer the numbers as they where with the different classes colour coded as before .

SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPEC SAVERS Lol
15-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10

As Griffmuss says, at the MGP they do insist you use the numbers supplied. Some people have whinged but at the end if you don't fit them you don't go through scrutineering. No doubt all the big boys at the TT are used to insisting their expensive paint schemes and sponsors logos aren't altered but as thewitch quite rightly says, if somebody needs to be black flagged it's important they can identify the bike easily!

Thye ACU and MMCC seem to be quite keen on safety this year. Maybe they should consider this safety move too, even if it doesn't only affect holiday racers.
15-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Website Find Reply
turbine Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

It does seem to be that the higher the status of the event the less clout the scrutineer has. I too was knocked back at last years manx when my front number background was the wrong shade. Quite right too- they know whats readable at 160mph past the grandstand and whats not. Personally would far prefer to have good readable numbers and junk the transponders -- cheaper. Ha Ha. Lol
16-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Find Reply