Joey
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joey
Having met Joey several times,the last time on the Island in 2000 it's hard to imagine him not being there this year.I have never met a more modest man in my love given what he had achieved.I shall treasure the photos that hehad signed for me just two weeks before his loss and they will be passed onto my grandson when it is my turn. I,d brought a ticket for 2001 and when it was cancelled I patiently waited for this year.That is until of the loss of Joey once that had happened my strong desire to return disappeared and I ended up selling it to a friend that had never been. What a treat he has in store.I do,nt doubt that some time in the future I will return to the TT but it is never going to be the same without Joey.The good news is that Robert is back for this year and I wish him well.What I do intend to do is hopefully next year is to put the "Troubles" out of my mind and to attend the NW200.Then hopefully I can call into Joeys bar and give my condolences to Linda &Family personally.Please pass on my good luck to Robert for this year.
Regards

Ted Edwards
29-05-2002, 08:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Joey
We all know the isle of man is a busy place at this time of year,but we all know there is something missing this year,and there always will be,but the man we are talking about,will never be forgotten(JOEY)PS Good luck Robert.

Steven Masters(Yorkshire UK)
02-06-2002, 07:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Joey
hi ted i have just come back from the tt races and yes i missed joey big time,i was thinking joeys looking down on us and would not like folks to miss the road race of the world for thats wot he lived for and his family..u are one up on me cause i did not meet the man and would of loved to..while i was in the iom i was intervied by irish tv and stated joey was the greatest road racer ever .....long may yer man remain in our hearts

06-06-2002, 07:11 PM