memoral
Anonymous
Unregistered

memoral
I think that they should make a very large statue of joey on his bike and place it some were on the mountain road where it can be seen for miles.After all he was the king of the mountains. He has done more for the isle of man touristism that any video available over the years.This will also bring fans the world over to the island .
29-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: memoral
I know of no single man with as much to atribute to his life as Joey in his time and with all his fame he remained a humble gentleman with manors and respect for all he met from competitors to youngsters starting out in the scene and not one person has a bad word to say not many can say that about themselves but thats a fact with Joey no man had a single word agaisnt him The King of the roads will be remembered forever what a remarkable man one of the truly pure and honest things to come out of Northern Ireland threw all its troubles cheers lad we all miss you as someone on this forum so rightly said "keep er lit"
16-04-2004, 01:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

My lasting memory of Joey is in the pedesrian precint in Douglas walking with his children in 1980.I subsequentley saw you race all over the UK, but the image of you laughing with the kids and just being dad to them made me realise how very normal and talented you were.
10-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I never got chance to meet Joey I could only ever admire him from the hedges and walls of the TT course in my home land the Isle of Man. It is a great loss to the I.o.M. that he will never grace us with his presence again. I only wish he'd called it a day after that wonderful TT in 2000 and then come back as a guest of honour to present the new up and coming riders with awards, but I guess that was the genius of the great man he just loved to race. R.I.P. Joey hero to millions but just plain Dad to his kids and Husband to Lynda. Sadly misssed.
18-06-2004, 04:48 PM