Looking for Brian Purslow
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
Looking for Brian Purslow
Does anyone know, is Brian Purslow, son of Fron Purslow from Shrewsbury still around?
Brian won the 1951 Junior Clubmans as an 18-year old.
04-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Website Find Reply
Bilgeman Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
RE: Looking for Brian Purslow
Hello Bill

It's a long time since you posted this I know and maybe you've found out about Brian since then but just in case I'm sorry to have to tell you that Brian died in 1993. He was a very good friend of mine, as is his son Chris and I know the whole family very well.

If you want to know more please get back to me and I can email you direct with any info you need to know.

regards (and I hope the weather gets better for the racing)

Andy Sanson (Welshpool)
07-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Find Reply
Bilgeman Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
PS

Fron was actually Brian's uncle
07-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
My Uncle Arthur was a big pal of Fron's in the 50s. I believe they were in the RAF together, along with George Gelling (Peel Cars).
My Uncle now lives in Canada, but one of these days I'm going to get him back over here for a visit.
07-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Find Reply
buz Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Hi I read with interest re Fron Purslow,  I have one of his 500 BSA special, I have been trying to get more info on the bike, Its got Frons Name in several places on the bike, I have rebiult it and found that it has Golstar cams, and is in all apearences looking like a Goldstar appart from the cast iron head and barrel, its got a rev counter, swept back goldsar silencer, Birani rims, I believe Fron used to race BSAs or so I believe. I was wondering if this could have been one of his racing engies, Its a 500 engine in a 350 frame, thats what got me wondering. if you could shead some light  I would be most grateful, Dave Scott    (buz)
15-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Find Reply