Danny Keaney
Myles Lally Offline

Threads: 13
Danny Keaney
I heard today that former Southern Irish Road Racer and winner Danny Keaney passed away in the last 24 hours .

He was the co founder of the famous Danfay Yamaha company based in Dublin and sponsor of many riders over the years.

He was recently retired and was only 58.

I recall as a child in Skerries watching this very stylish and well presented rider grace the roads regularly.

He was involved a few years ago in the launch and support of the Round Tower Danfay Yamaha with Martin Finnegan and the late great Davy Wood .

Another stallwarth of the sport gone.

I pray for his family and friends at this sad time.

Myles
Irish TT Supporters Club Representitive
14-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

I am totally shocked by this news.Although I have not seen or spoke to Danny since my racing days I remember him as a lovely easy going guy who with his pal Chris Goosen persuaded me to enter the inaugral meeting at the opening of Mondello Park wheree we enjoyed Danny and Chris's hospitality many times in the late 60s.
Surprise Danny was only 58 as he was racing and driving an MGB when I first met him at Snetterton in 1968 or thereabouts thought he was more my age.
Thanks for the memories Danny RIP
Arthur
14-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

Remember buying my first proper helmet from him back in the early eighties - a white Bell Star II

Danny held the Irish Land Speed record for a few years whilst riding a TZ 750
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
15-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Find Reply