Buell at the TT this year?
samwise Offline

Threads: 4
Buell at the TT this year?
Just been reading on a few websites (in both the US and UK) that Adrenalin Moto in the UK have sold their Thunderbike Buell XB12X racer to Kevin 'Ago' Murphy. I saw it first on the Bad Weather Bikers Buell forum in the US, but have seen it come up on a few others since. The bike is the one that was in Performance Bikes mag last month?

(Also seen in UK Buell Enthusiasts forum, Performance Bikes mag forum, Motoforum message board)

This could be good news for some variety in the Senior, as long as all goes according to plan and Ago's entry is accepted.
14-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Website Find Reply
irishago Offline

Threads: 18
Buell at the TT Races 2007.
Hi all irish Ago here its funny how things happen. But no one was supposed to know this is what we were trying. But some how shortly after we bought the Bike it had reached the states by the time i got back to the Island. So ill shed some light on the subject.

Its true i have entered a Buell XB 12 XR in the Senior TT and it is all going to depend on my application for an entry being accepted by the organisers it is by no means done and dusted we have a long way to go.
The Bike is an 2006 Model XB 12 X the last prefix R is for Racer it was developed by Matt Purdy at Trojan Racing in the UK and competed in the Thunderbike series in the UK with Phil Read jr on board with some very promiseing results finishing as high as 3rd at some meetings.
The Bike has been found over the past year to be very Reliable. Some people are saying its a Harley it will poo ityself and wont last but ill tell you this much . Its a Buell with a Buell engine which makes the difference as far as reliability goes. So for now im keeping my fingers crossed as to be considered favourably for my entry in the Senior by the powers that be. I wish to appologise to the organising club and those involved in TT 2007 if this causes any problems for them in any way shape or form roll on TT 2007 all the best one and all. I just wanted to bring something different to the TT for the Fans...Irish Ago.....
15-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Have a wee look at this thread, and particularly the latest post...posted yesterday... true? Hope so, lets wait and see..

http://www.pbmagforum.com/forum6/1738.html
15-03-2007, 08:44 AM
davegess Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Buell at TT
It is true, pending acceptance of Kevin"Ago" Murphy's entry. He purchased a XB12R race bike form Trojan Horse and has sent in an application for th eSenior TT. I belong to a loose group of Buell enthusiast called Team Elves, http://www.teamelves.com, and we are lending some support to him. He has a bunch of other sponsers also, check out hi swebsite http://www.irishagoracing.info for more info. He is in the middle of updating the site so if it does not work try later.

Any way us US Buell enthusiasts are very excited about this and hope that folks at the TT will enjoy the sight and sound of the Buell.
22-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Find Reply
irishago Offline

Buell at the TT 2007..
Hi All Irish Ago here, Just to put the Record Streight on a few things that have popped up in conversation of late.
Irish Ago Racing are not the owners of the Buell. The Man who owns it is Peter Astell-Burt of C&C Ramsey Ltd, on the Isle of Man and he has kindly given me the chance to Run it in the Senior TT in 2007. That is of course should my entry be accepted fingers crossed for now. Sorry if i have caused Peter any problems in some of the posting as to who owns the Buell...Peter Does and I want to thank him very much for having enough faith in me to let me run this year
Their will be updates on a regular basis on my website all the best Irish Ago....
22-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Website Find Reply
davegess Offline
Just Getting Started

Hope I have not added too much confusion. Did not mean to imply that Kevin owned the bike nt do I mean to imply that Team Elves is any more than a minor player in the whole deal. We have a lot of enthusiasm when it comes to Buells-some owuld say too much Wink

Just oping to get a chance to see an interesting bike at the TT. It would really light up th einterest here in the US.
23-03-2007, 04:31 AM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Ago
We all sit with bated breath to hear that Agos entry has been accepted...

How soon will we know ?

I look forward to seeing you again at the TT, Ago M, ---will Teddy be a part of it this year ?
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
23-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Website Find Reply
irishago Offline

Hi Ian,

Good to hear you will make it in 07,My Dad would have loved it, but he will be with us in spirit. We are just waiting for word on weather we are in or out. Ive supported the event along with my family for over 47 years, on and off as a Rider since 1985 . As for TT Teddy hes siting here in my Room waiting also. He,s up for another go as to which Bike he will be on we dont know as yet if at all. But im only hoping that the powers that be look favourably on my application for entry will catch up soon all the best.
We Race, We Ride, We Understand Irish Ago Racing.... 8)
24-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Website Find Reply
davegess Offline
Just Getting Started

Buell speed
I have heard some people mention that they wonder if the Buell has enough speed to actually qualify. I can't reveal any actual numbers here but the work done at Daytona indicates that speed should not be an issue. I can report that Jeremy McWilliams was very pleasantly surprised by not only how much top end the Buell had but how well they got out of the corners. If the dam clutch had not let go he was looking at a possible top ten finish in the 200 last year.

I don't think speed will be an issue.

I have also heard some of the usual "Harley puking oil" rubbish and I have to say that the Buell engine is vastly more developed than the Sportster it springs from and they do not leak. Add in that the bike use a dry sump oiling system with the massivly stong swing arm as the oil tank and I think a Buell is less likely to oil the roads the most of the other bikes with there wet sumps hanging off the bottom of the engine. You could take a sledge hammer to the oil tank on the Buell and likely not get any oil out of it.
25-03-2007, 05:37 AM
Find Reply
irishago Offline

Where do i start, I suppose the reason we are getting a lot of posts from the States is due to the fact thats where the Buell was born and is made.

AS Dave Gess said its not a Harley Sportster its a Buell and should be looked upon as such. It carry,s a Dry Sump so should we have any major engine issues when the motor stops or lets go it will stop pumping oil hence less oil to lose onto the Road. If a Big Jap four goes pop it can be messy as i have had it happen to me in the past.

You might lose about 1/2 lte to a ltr if you drop a rod on the Buell. But with a Big Jap 4 you will lose any where from 3 to 6 ltrs of oil and at speed i dont think any catch tank is going to hold that much oil...

But lets get back to the Basics, I just want to be given the chance to try and Qualify the Buell for the Senior. I know in the past i have not been the quickest guy out on track and i have only failed to finish one Senior since 2000 out of the Races ive been in. That was due to my own fault and dont laugh it happens sometimes i ran over my own foot at the Bungalow in 2004 when it slipped off the footrest and went under the back wheel i dont know how i stayed on but i did, but after the pitstop was unable to proceed due to not being able to change gear.

Over the last 3 years ive raced Supersport 600 Machines in the TT and Standard ones i might add. I think the Buell will be a little if not a lot quicker on the long parts of the course and should handle a lot better to i would hope to improve my lap times on the Buell which should put me in the Sub 20 min Bracket which i think is very respectable. I know its just going to be a case of wait and see if we are in or out........

When you think about its not a bad thing that the Buell ride has come along my website alone has jumped from 1 or 2 hits a day to an average of 100 to 200 and it has upped the profile of the TT Races in the States a lot of people who never knew about it are suddenly siting up and talking about the TT which is a good thing would you agree.

Myself i think i have what it takes to qualify it and ride it to the best of my ability which is all one can ask from ones self All the best Irish Ago.....

We Race, We Ride, We Understand......
25-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Well put, Ago.
I think the Buell would be agreat treat in the TT.. I wouldn't buy one, but then I wouldn't buy one of the mainstream bikes either... give me a Ducati any day (or that naughty but nice Voxan... my kind of noise!)
The TT needs people with the passion and commitment of Ago, although obviously they must be capable of racing with the pack.
Good luck.
25-03-2007, 10:29 AM
irishago Offline

Buell at the TT 2007..
Have a look at the Photo,s on my website let me know what you think.
I think it sounds better than the Voxan its got a much lower drone to it
All the best Roll on TT 2007 Irish Ago....We Race, We Ride, We Understand
25-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Website Find Reply
irishago Offline

Buell at the TT 2007..
Ooops sorry didnt mean to post twice..... :oops:
25-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Alex George
Do you all remember Alex George who rode a Harley Davidson in the TT a few yeatrs back ??...

Mind you it was an Aermacchi Harley Davidson but it was a fast little B*****....

No doubt this beautiful machine that Ago should be riding, all things being equal, could possibly be one of the most interesting entries at the TT..

I say let him in.....Cat among the pigeons time ??

GOAGOGO
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
25-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Website Find Reply
irishago Offline

Buell at the TT 2007..
Hi All, WE should Know something by about the 10th of April one way or the other. For now im keeping my fingers crossed a lot of people have put a lot into this venture, lets hope we get to the line for Senior TT 2007.

Thank you all for your kind words and on going support all the best Ago..

We Race, We Ride, We Understand.
26-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Website Find Reply
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28

Good luck ago!
26-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Website Find Reply
aeholton Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Irish Ago Racing
As a Buell enthusiast, I hope Irish Ago Racing's Buell entry is accepted. Good luck!
30-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Buell racer
Ago, could you please confirm that the Buell Racer is either chain or belt final drive ??
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
07-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Website Find Reply
irishago Offline

Buell at the TT 2007..
Hi Ian, If you go to my website their are pictures there with both belt and chain Drive give me a call if you get a chance cheers Irish Ago.....
07-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Website Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

So did no one else enter this bike when irishago was turned down?
What happened to the stroker for the senior? Have I slipped into another dimension?
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
02-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Find Reply