Helicopter Footage !
Myles Lally Offline

Threads: 13
Helicopter Footage !
Hi all !

Now dont get me wrong as I love all the footage and have collected all roadracing related footage since the late eighties and before.

Now tonights coverage of the NW200 was great but there was too much helicopter footage , I know its great and shows the slipstreaming but every 15 or 20 seconds we were back in the air , talk about overkill !

It just gets boring.

I remember the footage from years ago and enjoyed the ground level coverage originally at the GP's then the TT and initially at the first road races covered by the Beeb.

With all the static cmeras being place so high for a long view it does'nt give viewers the spectator eye view of the speed and close proximity of the action, and ruins the spectacle that all we enjoy from the roadside.

I'll say it again it just all looks the same.

Cant we have a mixture of all types ?

Surley for the price of one of the Helicopters we could have had some ground level cameras roving and collecting footage as they moved along some parts of the circuit?

This could be edited in to the high static cameras and helicopter footage later to give a greater feel for the racing .

I believe the footage tonight was great but it did not give the impression of the speed as the lenses are so long they detract from the distances covered.

Anyway rant over , I just hope they dont do the same at this years TT or I'll be F***ng fuming .

Greenlight please take note for the TT!

Myles :shock: :shock: :shock:
Irish TT Supporters Club Representitive
14-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Don't worry I'm sure we'll still have the pavement cam at the bottom of Bray! That's close!
15-05-2007, 02:46 AM
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

I thought the BBC NI coverage was a lot better than last years UTV.
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
15-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

The BBC coverage was by far the best I've ever seen particulary the live coverage via the web and I seem to remember that they didn't ask for my credit card.

What I watched makes the licence fee good value and NO adverts.

One can only hope for more of the same from the BBC live streaming from Bush/Mid-Antrim/UGP :?:
Soon I'll never have to leave the house Lol

What about Greenlight sending a camera crew on our bus Helen ??
15-05-2007, 10:47 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

A camera crew on the bus?
Hmm, you ready for that noriety Cargo?
Mr Stephen "I'm not sure I can do commentary!" Carr.

Helen, its a great idea if they have the time.
Do you are Malcolm have the influence?

MV
15-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Website Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14

Personally I thought the coverage was brilliant, there was probably a bit too juch helicopter stuff but to be fair at least they managed to cover the whole lap and not just the start line and york hairpin. It was as Cargo says also free, which is a big bonus. Hats off to the BBc and lets hope for more. Maybe they can get the TT contract next year then we'll be able to see that on our licence fee too Lol
WELL DONE BBC
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
16-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Russ I certain that BBC Northern Ireland DO cover the TT taking footage from Greenlight.
You need to find it on your sky box
16-05-2007, 05:23 PM
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14

Nice one Cargo, I'll keep a check on that, I found BBC NI the other night and was well pleased with what I saw, just 2 days after the event too.
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
16-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

NW 200 ON BBC NORTHERN IRELAND TONIGHT AT 8
16-05-2007, 07:34 PM