2007 TT qualification times
cargo
Unregistered

The rules for the Manx are very clear and are in the regs every year.

And I quote..........

"The only riders eligible for the Newcomers Race and the only riders regarded as newcomers in the Classic Races shall be those who have not previously qualified to ride or ridden in any motorcycle race run over the TT Mountain Course. A rider who has previously competed on the TT Course only as a TT sidecar driver or passenger is regarded as a Newcomer in the Manx Grand Prix. Riders entering the Newcomers Race may also enter for the Junior, Lightweight, Ultra Lightweight or Senior races. No rider may compete in the Junior, Lightweight, Ultra Lightweight or Senior Races unless he/she has previously qualified to start in a race over the TT Mountain Course.
In these regulations and in any other instructions or directive issued by the Club, the term "rider" shall refer to any person who has been accepted as a rider in any of the races.
Riders must be over the age of 18 years on 18 August.
For the purposes of these regulations, a rider is a person who has not ridden in the Tourist Trophy Races, except as a sidecar driver or passenger, or any round of any road racing world championship, including practice. This restriction shall not apply to riders in the Classic Races and shall not exclude from any other race riders who have competed only in the Production or Historic Motor Cycle Races on the TT Course. Riders in TT Production races, who have also qualified for and competed in the Senior TT on a production machine, may also compete in the Manx Grand Prix provided they have not competed in any other TT race. Riders who have practised for or raced in TT Superstock Races are not eligible for the MGP (except Classic races)."

The gentlemans agreement applies to Manx GP winners who normally move on to the TT. I have not yet heard of a Manx GP winner trying to break that gentlemans agreement by submiting an entry for the Manx.
I suspect he/she would be refused.
24-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Carolynn Offline

Threads: 3

Yes Colin... It was my quote and I'm not very impressed at it being re-posted by you, out of context. In future, please read postings properly and stick to creating your own arguments for yourself and keep me out of it.

Ago, I'm sure there is no 'stunt', just that they have run out of room on the grids... which is what I meant originally, the 'qualifying' time is no longer relevant, as they have too many people who qualify, plain and simple. I very much doubt there is a conspiracy or personal vendetta, which is what you are implying on all your posts, as regards this subject.

Now please, can we end this monotonous whinging and pointless argument?

Cheers
Carolynn
24-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Carolynn Wrote:Yes Colin... It was my quote and I'm not very impressed at it being re-posted by you, out of context. In future, please read postings properly and stick to creating your own arguments for yourself and keep me out of it.

Ago, I'm sure there is no 'stunt', just that they have run out of room on the grids... which is what I meant originally, the 'qualifying' time is no longer relevant, as they have too many people who qualify, plain and simple. I very much doubt there is a conspiracy or personal vendetta, which is what you are implying on all your posts, as regards this subject.

Now please, can we end this monotonous whinging and pointless argument?

Cheers
Carolynn

Carolynn, if you post on a forum you live or die by your own sword, maybe you should read the topic and see that I used your full posting to correct that posted by another who had only used snippets of your post.
cheers.
24-05-2007, 11:17 PM