Great time at the Manx!!
thewitch
Unregistered

Iwill print all these out and send them to Harvey, so keep posting.
Another aspect which requires consideration is "when"... how many days and which.. MGP used to be early Sept... oddly enough the weather is often better, and it would avoid the clash with the UGP, which affects not only riders but a substantial number of marshals.
Also used to be Tues/Thurs... leaving Friday as a fall back... how about (radical now!!) practice Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat daytime. Races Mon/Tues/Wed with Thurs/Fri as fallback
Like the idea of the post classics.. classics started as 25 years old, but that was a long long time ago. Not so keen on bringing back some of the specific bikes (remember 1989), but we must not stop having good races for modern bikes, esp if we are looking at the MGP as the feeder for the TT.
Newcomers need practice (in terms of races as well as actual practice) and must not be encouraged to go all out for awards or they will defeat the object of "newcomerism".
03-09-2007, 08:12 PM
irishago Offline

Threads: 18
Manx GP
Well as a MGP and TT rider in the not to distant past. Like last week i think a lot of valid points have been made. Regarding pot hunting TT Riders id be lucky to gain a replica if i returned and if i had to wait 5 years to make my return to the MGP proper i think id give a miss as im nearly 50 now. I think if a rider who has contested the TT for as long as i have gets turned down on speed he should be let back in the Manx as long as he has not competed in the TT in the same year. As ive said before if i was lucky enough to be let come back to the Manx id forgo the TT for sure and not even put in an entry in next year. As ive heard wispers that they will no longer allow a change of Rider which is how i got to ride in TT 07 theirs one to think about.....all the best Irish Ago....
04-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Website Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24

A few years ago Niall Mckenzie was keen on doing the Manx (post retirement) and it was a time when the IOM racing needed all the firends it could get.

Given the restrictions on international riders at the MGP - I suggested on the webchat that perhaps a "non-championship" or "non-points scoring" ride should be available. So that a crowd pleasing name could get a no-pressure ride, anticipating that a pretty good outfit would arrive and they would doubtless give it a decent go.

From recollection it took Ammo less than 30 minutes to shut me down with a verbatum of the Manx regs.

I still think it's the way to go. Over to you Ammo

Sam
07-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24

I should have added that "ex-TT" riders could be included in the non-champ class. Entry space permitting.

Sam
07-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Find Reply