TT2008
y2blade Offline

Threads: 13
Re: Memory
ian huntly Wrote:Looking back, I feel my 50th year was a lot more memorable than my 60th..

A very large bunch of us, representing every angle of the TT, took over all of the upstairs of that posh Quayside restaurant, we had speeches and dedications, and congratulatory messages came for me from all over the world.....and I got a unique TT50 plaque which had been prepared in advance with my properly spelt name for all to see. (I still have it )

In my 60th year, I got a very nice tankard and a dinner with a few close friends so I think I will remember my 50th more than my 60th.

Now if I can get to 100 years then I might have another posh night out..

To answer your comment, my homestay have been great and have maintained sensible levels, after all I am B & B there, it is food and drink outside where I noticed the hikes.

The Hilton have looked after me for many years since I take people there for evening meals, and the costs have been sensible and the perks have been noteworthy. But go to a cafe or restaurant elsewhere and prices compared with the steady rises we encounter did not stick to a constant and rose very steeply in 2007.

Here's to 2008 so I can compare !

wow great stuff Smile
05-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Find Reply
y2blade Offline

roll on june Smile

i watched the 07 Road Racing review yesterday Cool superb
10-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Passed the Gruseleck campsite yesterday... looked very forlorn without it's campers!
10-12-2007, 11:55 AM
y2blade Offline

thewitch Wrote:Passed the Gruseleck campsite yesterday... looked very forlorn without it's campers!

it is true that the quaterbridge pub has been closed down ?
10-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

No, it's still open, although it will eventually be closed and demolished to create a double roundabout at the biggest bottleneck in the morning traffic.
Frankly, apart from TT time when it's buzzing, it is the most depressing place! Friends and i went there a couple of times last year, and won't be going back. There will be a vacancy for provision of food and drink (not alcoholic, though, and I imagine someone will set up in the car park nearby, if it still exists then.
It win't affect the corner in the TT, as the roundabouts will be removed, but it will probably create a clearer corner... don't know what the spectator effect will be.
10-12-2007, 12:13 PM
y2blade Offline

thewitch Wrote:No, it's still open, although it will eventually be closed and demolished to create a double roundabout at the biggest bottleneck in the morning traffic.
Frankly, apart from TT time when it's buzzing, it is the most depressing place! Friends and i went there a couple of times last year, and won't be going back. There will be a vacancy for provision of food and drink (not alcoholic, though, and I imagine someone will set up in the car park nearby, if it still exists then.
It win't affect the corner in the TT, as the roundabouts will be removed, but it will probably create a clearer corner... don't know what the spectator effect will be.
ahh i see....just a shame to see such a historic TT landmark get demolished!!

but as you say,if the place is a sh-tehole for the other 50 weeks of the year then its a no brainer
10-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Find Reply
andy21aa Offline

Threads: 6

I must admit I went in there at last year's Manx, and descending into the depths to river level to get something to eat was like being on a Lord of the Rings set :shock:

However the burger van at the side of the white house opposite more than made up, I got chatting to the young asian lad behind the counter, and for the rest of the afternoon received ... shall we say, certain concessions Big Grin

Shame to see QB go though.
10-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Find Reply
Michael Offline

Threads: 6

10-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Website Find Reply