Frank Rutter
thewitch
Unregistered

Frank Rutter
Sad to hear that Frank Rutter, regular MGP and TT competitor died yesterday.
I remember him in the 70s, and I think he last did the Manx a couple of years ago.
My thoughts are with his family and friends.
22-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

What a sad Monday this is.
RIP Frank under the chequered flag
22-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

RIP Frank.

Thanks for the memories.

A sad monday indeed.

Condolences to family and friends
MV
22-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Website Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

Because of the sad loss of Alan Robinson the sad parting on the same day of Frank Rutter seems to have been overlooked.For the record Frank raced in a total of 43 TT/MGP races between 1970 and 2003 so was a very experienced and sesoned competitor.He achieved a podium position in the 1976 production 500cc race with a 3rd position.
Condolences to his family and close friends RIP
24-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Frank was one of those people who are the heart and soul of the Manx in particular. If we didn't have people like him, we would not have a Manx. Year after year, he must have spent a huge proportion of his income on the MGP, and I for one, greatly appreciate the efforts and the show put on by him and his like.
If anyone can tell us about Frank's funeral, ttwebsite would be grateful.
24-10-2007, 03:49 PM
nicijay Offline

Threads: 0

Very sad news indeed about Frank, only the good die young

Funeral details are

Tuesday 30 October at 11.30am at Landican, Wirral.
24-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Find Reply
Lisa Rutter Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Frank Rutter
Thank you for your kind words on the web site last year. I have only just come across the comments. Yes my dad was an exceptional rider and provided a lot of entertainment and fun for people. His love of racing will carry on through his nephew Tony.
Once again thank you all
Lisa
06-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Find Reply
WILT Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
RE: Frank Rutter
Lisa Rutter Wrote:Thank you for your kind words on the web site last year. I have only just come across the comments. Yes my dad was an exceptional rider and provided a lot of entertainment and fun for people. His love of racing will carry on through his nephew Tony.
Once again thank you all
Lisa
Hi Lisa,
You won't know me but many years ago we all used to race together up at "Darley" and on the "Prom" and Oulton .My name is Bill Thornton and I used to "chair" for Des Founds .Ive only just found out about Frank from my friend Gordon Barnard ,in AUS., who also knew Frank and raced on the sand and a 125 Gilera. Sue may just remember Me and My brother John, who was a mate of Frank's .Give her my condolences and tell her Frank will be remembered by me-- charging around Darley on a Blue 650 SS thrashing more powerful bikes with bravery and skill.

Bill Thornton.

solo.
10-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Find Reply