Joey's crashes
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
Joey's crashes
This isn't really a quiz question as I don't know the answer,but I was present when Joey crashed at Sulby Bridge in the late 80's on his 250.

Question..did he fall off anywhere else in the Island.
23-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Find Reply
Barry Wood Offline

Threads: 5

The only other place was on the Billown circuit at Ballanorris, when he went into the field there.
Incidentally, and again, just off the top of my head, but wasn't Joey's incident caused by a gearbox oil seal popping out and causing oil to leak onto the back tyre?
And, even more significant, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Joey number 8 on that occasion, instead of his beloved number 3?
24-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147

I was standing by the wall at Ballanorris when Joey whistled past behind me! He slid off the bike which rolled and tumbled across the stubble, shedding bits as it went - tank, airing, exhausts - you followed the trail of debris and came to the remains of the bike.
Joey got to his feet, walked to the wall (probably cadged a fag) and watched the race continue.
Nigel McC recalls sitting on the remains when he cadged a lift back to Ireland after the meeting.
The story I heard was that the steering damper jammed.
24-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Website Find Reply
pete Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Joey's crashes
If he was wearing number 8 it was 1987 i think as i was watching that DVD last night hope you doing well Barry speak soon
29-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Find Reply