Latest TT news
thewitch
Unregistered

I would imagine a TT is a TT is a TT, so racing in this event would disqualify riders from the MGP... Paul??
23-11-2007, 07:55 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

If all of you are going on about the age of bikes, then why have classic races? Should we ban them as well as obviously they are all over ten years old (cough!!!!! Cough!!!!)

I am sure that the 250's you see nowadays are just as new on the inside as they look o the outside.

Bring them back, there is nothing wrong with them..........
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
23-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Re: Billown 250/125 TT,s
irishago Wrote:Here,s one id like an answer to.... although the above races are not be held on the mountain circuit will it disbar a rider from the MGP 125/250 races.... As such they are held on different circuits can anyone answer that question cheers Irish Ago..... :shock:

As the two races are covered by the regulations governing a TT race, take the same prize money and also prestige as a TT win, and also run under International rules then I would say yes they would bar you from the Manx, unless of course there is a back end you could enter by........... now now children .............
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
23-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Whilst I am very happy that the two strokes are being catered for, the TT course will always be just that, and the Billown circuit will never be the same challenge for most riders.The TT course also presents a huge challenge in respect of machine preparation and much satisfaction is gained by both riders and their mechanics when a race is completed.Billown is a great course and the friendliness of the organisers is second to none, but it is no substitute for the mountain. I simply cannot see how any national class riders can be banned from the MGP for competing in this "new TT".If it is to be run as a full international, then I can't see it attracting a really top class entry.William Dunlop has already said he is not interested and John McGuinness is not too happy with the thought that, should he compete, he will have to wear a novice jacket! :oops:
23-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Find Reply
chris Offline

Threads: 5

As Ian say's Kawasaki have launched ZX250 Ninja, and there are rumours that some of the other Jap makers are thinking of making 250's.
As these are 4strokes, the 250 class could be going full circle. The Lightweight TT wasn't always a 2stroke race, it use to be mainly a 4 stroke race.
24-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Hilary M Wrote:William Dunlop has already said he is not interested and John McGuinness is not too happy with the thought that, should he compete, he will have to wear a novice jacket! :oops:

If Valentino Rossi entered he too woud have to wear an orange jacket, maybe thats why he isn't interested in the TT or the Southern, Style and street cred would go down hill, and as one famous England manager said 'I just don't like orange, I hate it'
24-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

William is entitled to his opinion as are we all, but this project is about more than William or any other individual rider. There has been a lot of interest already without being proactive with our recruitment, so personally I am encouraged. Watch this space - you might be surprised who signs up!

John is certainly interested, and that in itself highlighted something to me, that being, that these races could introduce riders like John and others to Billown, which could benefit the Southern 100 into the future.

Best wishes

Paul
26-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Some people just don't know what they've been missing.
26-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

thewitch Wrote:Some people just don't know what they've been missing.

Speaking to Milky and I on Thursday evening, John said

"I like riding my bikes, and everyone tells me Billown is a good track with a good organiser, so I might give it a go."

He also said if he does do it who he'd be out to beat in particular, but I'll leave that one to people's imagination!

It's not certain, but it would be great if the best TT rider of his generation, takes to the grid on the 7th of June.

Paul
26-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

John will find that the Southern 100 Club are the best organisers in the Sport.

:wink:
26-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Find Reply