Seamus Greene fund
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Seamus Greene fund
I believe that Bayon now has the c/d available in aid of the Seamus Greene Fund details are on his site Irish Race Photography.
04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141

04-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Website Find Reply
Kev from RRS.Com Offline

Threads: 19

Yep, my letter and cheque went off today 1st class :wink:

Kev
Those that do don't, and those that don't, do
http://www.roadracingsupporters.com
04-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Website Find Reply
pykey Offline

Mine arrived today superb and all for a worthy cause The Seamus Greene Fund.
08-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Sorry folks, i have not been online for a wee short while, been in bed, not feeling 100%, but just to let yous know, letters have arrived, and my brother has posted them all this morning.
To those who have sent extra, for the Funds, I say a BIG THANK YOU, and also to thise who have written encouraging words regarding the site, i also say a BIG THANK YOU, It is ALL appreciated.
Thanks
Baylon
09-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Get well soon, Baylon, and keep up the good work. (If you don't get well soon, Pykey will do a CD to support you!!!) Lol smilie smilie smilie
09-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Just a wee reminder to anyone wishing to make a purchase, i still have a few CDs left, after all, its not the value of the CD, its for the Cause!.
To EVERYONE who has made a purchase,i say a BIG THANK YOU, and also to those who sent extra donations, it will all be much appreciated.
Baylon
22-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I'm looking forward to playing mine on St Patrick's night! How is Seamus? Hey... :idea: we can all send him St Pat's Day cards! Lol
22-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Baylon McCaughey Offline

apologies for the delay, but it is worth it!
This is without doubt the MOST positive news i have posted here regarding the condition of our good friend Seamus Greene, as you are well aware, through this site, Seamus was in Dublin for accessment for Re Hab. he was to go for one week, but they were pretty well pleased with his progress, that they kept him for...........almost THREE weeks!
Seamus is now back in DUNGLOE Hospital.
The situation now is, that he IS ready to go to re hab (few more minor hurdles to overcome), as i said before, Seamus is more alert, so much, thet the Doctors in Dublin have told the family that Seamus is ...........................Now OUT of the Coma, AND is now conscious!!!!!
Is that Good News or What??
Lets not get too carried away here, its like this, Seamus has a three mile walk to do, he has only done a few inches!, he has a long long hard way to go, but those few inches are VERY important.
One thing that has been noticed by his family, when i made a plea before Christmas, for Cards to be sent, and more importantly, if ANYONE could go and visit Seamus, to do so, well, the family now think, and i tend to agree here, that, over the Christmas peroid, Seamus got quite a few visitors, and when he went to Dublin, he also got visitors, this, they believe HAS helped Seamus,
SO I AM ASKING YOU AGAIN, IF YOU HAVE A FREE FEW HOURS, PLEASE GO AND VISIT SEAMUS! i know it is a wee bit out of the way, but it could be the makings of him, if he were to get more visitors!
The ddress is;
Dungloe Hospital
Gweedore Rd
Dungloe
Co Donegal.
If you want directions, please feel free to pm me (or e mail me at; baylon@btinternet.com), i will gladly help you.
Baylon
10-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Website Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

10-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Website Find Reply
pykey Offline

Thanks Baylon for the update and i wish i was nearer but every update is welcome and the c/d is almost worn out but its a bargain to help Seamus.
Roll on Kells 2010
10-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

RE: Seamus Greene fund
Headed of on my travels this morning, and went to see Seamus.Gotta admit, when i went in to his room, he had a big grin on his face, priceless!, i cracked and talked to him about what was happening in the bike world, told him a few jokes, which he really enjoys!, hehas good eye contact i must say,and he certainly is fully aware as to waht you are talking about (especially when it comes to the girls!!) Thanks to Paul lindsay of irish racer, he had sent up a copy of the latest edition, and i was showing him the pictures in it, and he certainly had a big grin, when it came to the eye candy pages!!
However, i must add, much to the fact, i think there has been a wee slight improvement, since the last time i was in with him, Seamus has a long long way to go!
His sister Diredre called in whilst i was there,and left me the Christmas cards that were sent by viewres fronm the websites, and i must say, i was pretty impressed with the no of vards he recieved, there were cards from, Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, IOM, Poland, germany and Austria!!, so to everyone, who took the time to send a card, can i say a BIG THANK YOU, and to those who couldnt be arsed, !!! I wont lower myself to say anything!!
I read these cards out to him, as i am sure the nurses and family have done so many times before, but for certain, when i was mentioning the names,i know he recognized them!!(espically the girls again!!)
I dont want to portray a very healthy image, but for sure he is a wee bit better.
Now i do know , that when he was in Portlaiose, he got quite a few visitors!, this is NOT happening here at Dungloe!!!
I fully understand, that the biking season is not too far away, and that we are all getting ready for that.
However, i would appeal to ANYONE, if they have a few hours to spend, if they could make a point in calling to see him, cos, i honestly, do think yhis would be of great help to him.
Please take a moment to think about what i am saying!.
For anyone wishing to attend, here are the directions from the North of ireland;
Head for STRABANE, then head for CASTLEFIN, Next town is STRANOLAR and BALLYBOFEY, these two towns are joined by a bridge!, so when you go over the bridge, go through the first set of lights, you will then see a sign for Dungloe (R252), Turn right here (there is a yellow/orange coloured pub on your left here), when you turn right, Jacksons Hotel is on your ruight!.
Continue on this road, next town is AN CLOCHAN (7 miles from ballybofey), keep on main rd, for another 9 miles, to FINTOWN, here you go through the village, and when you come to a pub called the Railway Inn, take the rd to the right, there are signposts for;(Aerfort 41km), & (AnClochan Loch), continue across this beautiful part of the country, and you will come to a village called AN DUNCHORAIDH (this is 5 miles from Fintown), when heading out of village, keep on the main rd, ie keep to the left, and head uphill, again across some off the best scenic routes in donegal.
Another 5 miles will see you to the end of this road, where you will see a signpost in front of you for Dungloe, turn right here(N56) and head into the town of DUNGLOE, just after the Supervalue supermarket, you will see a sign post for;Aerfort/Gooth Dobhair/Rockeries B&B, Here you take right, and a few hundred yards, and DUNGLOE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Is on your right.
Go in the main door, turn right, and go to theend of the corriddor, and the nurses will certainly make you most welcome, and show you to Seamuss room.
PLEASE give this a wee bit of thought
regards
Baylon

ps, i gave in the monies to day, that has been rasied so far, and the total was ;;;;; 240 euro! AND £300.00 !, I just dont know what to say, except that once again, the motorcycle fratenity are without doubt the BEST in the world when it comes to supporting fellow riders!, THANKS to everyone, and there are quite a few from this site!
17-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Website Find Reply