1907 re-enactment pics
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
1907 re-enactment pics
This was a brilliant event, which everyone seemd to enjoy hugely judging by the grins on the faces of most of the riders coming by. I'd love to see this become a permanent fixture in the meeting.

[Image: DSC_5182.jpg]

A very happy looking Chris Lewis on a 1912 3 1/2 HP Triumph Roadster

[Image: DSC_5188.jpg]

Adam Lee on a very rare 1914 Sunbeam. I wonder what the organisers made of his riding kit Big Grin

[Image: DSC_5201.jpg]

Peter Addison looking very determined on his lovely 1928 DOT. Obviously gets his headgear from the same place as Nick...

[Image: DSC_5208.jpg]

"You can always tell a happy biker by the flies on his teeth"..or in this case, gums Lol Michael Ruocco having a ball on a 250 Rex Acme that actually finished 3rd in the 1923 Lightweight TT

[Image: DSC_5210.jpg]

I think this must be Pat Davy riding the oldest surviving DOT, a 1921 Lightweight.
11-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Website Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46

I agree this event should be repeated. I missed it last year and judging by the coverage and photos I've seen it did seem to be alot of fun. I'd dearly loved to have seen the bikes negotiating the infamous Devil's Elbow on the run down to Peel. Maybe some would have been slower than me, but probably not! Lol alf
11-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I don't think it's likely. You wouldn't believe the organisation it entailed. However, as I understand there are to be no parade laps... maybe a parade lap on the St John's Course, or the Clypse, could be arranged?
11-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

Hi Helen

There will be a parade at the 2008 TT, possibly even more than one, details to be announced shortly. Nobody from the organisational team ever said that there wouldn't be any either; I'm not sure where this one started.

Paul
12-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

That's good news, Paul. Thanks for clarifying it.
12-01-2008, 08:30 PM
DickH Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

It was great to see the pictures - and I have grabbed copies - thanks.

The local VMCC, in conjunction with DoTL (especially Paul!!), spent ages working on getting the paperwork created and organised for this event and gathering the rather special bikes and riders who took part.

I was so busy on the day that I ended up with no photos of the event at all!!!

The pity was that, at the last minute, the ACU and DoT wanted to treat it as a 'race' and not a vintage parade and so there were barriers everywhere, the start was delayed and the whole event halved to just the one lap.

But it was nice that everyone thought that it was a super day - think how much better it would have been with two laps. And there were no incidents.

As to a repeat event - I doubt whether the VMCC folk involved will want to repeat it on closed roads but maybe in a different format.....you never know!!

DickH
15-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Find Reply