Annual Phil Hogg Auction
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27
RE: Annual Phil Hogg Auction
Just a couple more items , some various MGP memorobilia from Doug Crennell , long time MGP official , two MMCC MGP Golden Jubilee 1923- 1973 astrays , brand new never used in anger 35 years old & not a mark on them , History of the TT races 1907-1960 one of the BP books great condition , also a copy of the Story of the TT by G.S.Davison (Geoff ) a hardbacked book from 1947 in great condition ,50 years of TT History 1907 - 1956 another BP book in excellent condition .
Also have the following badges for sale .
MGP 73 , 74 two off , 75 two off ,76 three off , 77 two offf , 78 two off , 79 two off , 80 four off plus two more different design , 81 two off , 82 two off , 83 two off , 84 , & 88 .
Also UGP 73 , 74 , 75 , & 76 .
Also old style circuit badges from the late 60 s early 70 s featuring Donington Park , Mallory & Oulton also have an MV Agusta badge i remember buying in Turners on Victria St in 1975 when they used to sell motorcycle gear as well as sportswear .
An unusual item is a tie button (pin ) from the 1967 TT .
And finally received today from Carl Fogarty it is the official SBK championship book of 2004 covering the FPR racing teams season , there are only ten copies of this book in exsistence & i have the last copy , signed by Carl & also of interest in inside cover it is marked reception copy do not remove , so was obviously there own copy , great book must be worth a few bob , this book was never for public sale by the way .
19-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Oh, God, I can feel bankruptcy coming on... please don't tell my bank manager about this.............Evilsmilie
20-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23
Quote(An unusual item is a tie button pin from 1967)
Has this got a small inset stone representing a diamond?
Reason I ask is that 1967 was the diamond jubilee and each competitor was given a tie pin by the ACU to commemorate the event. I lost mine and would consider a bid if it is one of those given out.
20-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Find Reply
peter Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Shaun are there any old TT programmes in the vast collection of items?
20-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Alf sorry , perhaps my descrition of tie pin was wrong , more of a stud really , anyway there is no diamond embedded in it sorry .
Peter i have some old programmes myself what are you looking for may be able to help .
Now for todays instalment , recieved from Scots Ace photographer Alan Crawford a book he does himself featuring the years racing , covers the TT , East Fortune , Olivers Mount , some great pictures , lots of Scots of course , visit his site at http://www.ascphoto.com .
Also recieved a parcel containing various books from Haynes publishers who have supported us for some years now , including the MOTO GP review of 2oo7 ,Adventure Motorcycling , Don Morleys excellent TT in camera , the official TT 07 review by Gary Pinchin .
Also a copy of TT 100 given to us by Waterstones .
A Bushys Jacket & a case of Bushys beer , supplied by Bushys of course . A Stobart Honda fleece belonging to & donated by Ian Lougher .
Also the following signed DVDs from Duke Marketing David Knight Iron Man Enduro signed by knighter , also another copy of this signed by CHarlie Boorman who commentates on the DVD , WSB 2007 review signed by james Toseland , TT Centenary Celebration signed by Murray Walker , TT 2007 signed by John McGuiness , .
Also have posted an interesting one off for Helen to post for me as i cant work out how to do it , very unusual item is all i will say . Cheers Shaun
20-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

The unusual item Shaun speaks of is this........... clicking on it will make it bigger
20-02-2008, 11:52 PM
shaun hogg Offline

Thanks for putting this up cargo , helen told me to email you all details , but you have beaten me to it , however when i click on thumbnail to enlarge i am denied access ?
Anyway details of picture are as follows , John Shotton , has spent hours painting a map of the TT couse with all the place names etc on it , the unusual thing about this is that every mile has a Joey Dunlop 50p piece embedded into picture , a real work of art fantastic if you ask me , that means it must be worth £ 18.50 already , just think whoever buys this if feeling the pinch a bit can take the 50ps out 7 go and get hammered hee hee , seriously though John has spent many hours creating this & very generously donated it to us .

[Image: John_Shotton-s_TT_course_map_using_.jpg]
21-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

There you go.
Not sure why you cant see the bigger version of the first one.
But as you should now be able to see ( I hope) I've inserted it into your posting
21-02-2008, 12:44 AM
shaun hogg Offline

Thanks Cargo ,thats billiant .
21-02-2008, 01:01 AM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Lots tp post about auction however will have to be tommorow , up to lot number 82 at moment & still have a lot more to sort , hope you all like photographs have loads , also for anyone interested , mysel & Doc Stevens are gonna be live on Manx radio on thursday afternoon at 3.30 on Bob Harrisons show , getting interviewed about auction fund etc . Shaun
25-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Hello all quick update , i recieved two sets of two piece Scott Leathers valued at £ 440 each as well as two pair boots valued at £ 70 each off our good friend Roy Shirlaw , also some nice shots from local photographers Vic Bates & Simon Moore .
At last count i estimate having framed about 60 photos .
Will be running a market stall with priced items as well as auction some bargains to be had , so be there early if you are a bargain hunter , items include badges , new books , old books T shirts , polos , baseball caps & various other bits & pieces .
It is our intention to start as quick a s possible , i have up to now 86 lots in book & i know i have at least another twenty to go in .
Thanks Shaun
26-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

We have over 100 items for auction , plus many priced items , so the early birds may get some real bargains , many to many items to list , be there not to miss a bargain , starting at eight , dont forget me & Doc Stevens on Manx tommorow at 3 30 pm . Cheers Shaun
28-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Last shout for auction , nealry ready one or two things to sort out , we have so much stuff it is unreal , hope those attending have there walletts bulging wiht crisp pound notes .
Would advise any one attending to get down about 7 30 to 8 , we are hoping to kick off the procedures early .
We also have a lot of items for quick sale etc .
See you there .
28-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Good night last night... spent too much, in spite of my resolutions, so Xmas and birthdays for the family are sorted!
Spoke to Shaun this afternoon and it looks like about £5k raised. Excellent.
Shaun still has some really nice things, which, if you want I am sure he will sell you... contact through the Hogg website.
01-03-2008, 11:10 PM