British make banned from IOM TT
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

I think that the limited edition NR that went to the road was so limited in production that they were bought and stored as an investment rather than a road going machine.

I can remember that there were even some produced with clear fairings.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
01-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Find Reply
Fly Offline

Threads: 2

"Honda overcame significant manufacturing problems to develop its oval cylinder technology and by late 1979 the bike made its much-anticipated debut at the British Grand Prix ridden by Mick Grant and Takazumi Katayama. Both bikes retired, Grant crashing out on the first turn after the bike spilled oil onto his rear tire. "

The NR caught fire as it fell
I recall Grant at the time quoted as saying as the marshals came to put the fire out "no leave it let the basket burn"

He did not say basket
01-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Find Reply
nzpeterb Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE:
Hi, just joined your forum after finding the reference to Zenith motorcycles,

I would be interested in any further information from Kestrel or anyone else.

Quoting 'kestrel':
"The Gradua system was designed by Zenith engineer Freddie Barnes, and manufactured for Zenith by the Advance Motor Manufacturing Company in Northampton."

I have never heard of Advance Motor Manufacturing or that Zenith used them, and would be very grateful of any information of references that would increase my knowledge of the Zenith marque.

Regards,

Peter Barnett
New Zealand.
24-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Find Reply