Under Rated Viewing Points.
pitlane07 Offline

Threads: 31
view points
If you could somehow package,Govenors to q bridge,it would make for the most spectacular peace of racing footage anywhere.
PITLANE 07
13-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Find Reply
theflyingplumber Offline

Threads: 5
Re: view points
pitlane07 Wrote:If you could somehow package,Govenors to q bridge,it would make for the most spectacular peace of racing footage anywhere.

Well done pitlane and everyone else, its become obvious as the thread develops as to why the TT/Manx is so special.
I think it fair to say as we already know, the course is the most demanding and difficult in the world and one of the things that make it so interesting is because its so diverse. Your posts highlight that we all have our different underrated viewing points, there is somewhere for everyone whatever it is you are looking for and that something special that brings us all back whenever we can.

Do continue with your posts, I am sure there are more underrated/overrated favourites still to come.
13-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Find Reply
Ray Thompson Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Under Rated Viewing Points.
Flying Plumber considers Bungalow Bridge underrated, I totally agree. My uncles were going to the TT from 1936. My first, aged 16, in 1948 at Hillberry for Senior, Harold Daniell first man round, hooked on TT ever since. We make an annual pilgrimage to B. Bridge but we call it Les Graham memorial, as I believe it should be. Superb viewing, great overtaking, sidecars too. Years ago we used to leave the bikes at the Agneash leadmine and walk up the mountain to cross under the course by the bridge, not possible now. I remember one year my cousin Brian helping Tommy Robb to his feet after sliding off the 'works' Honda on a wet patch on the bridge. Not hurt, but pretty upset, as he was going well at that stage. The great advantage of the mountain is the ability to walk to different view points. From the Creg up to Kate's Cottage and Keppel Gate gives a great variety of different viewing spots, all fast and exciting. The approach to Keppel from the 33rd is a great place for overtaking and there is always plenty of room to watch from.
See you at Les Graham's memorial, Flying Plumber!

b
13-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Find Reply