new chief marshal
gary the nurse Offline

Threads: 18
RE: new chief marshal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=19708

Langdon backs Coroner's TT comments
01/05/2008 06:46:59

The Chief Constable believes the Coroner of Inquests was right to highlight shortcomings in the organisation of the TT.

Mike Langdon's appointment as Chief Marshal was announced earlier this week, and followed the resignation from the position of Roger Hurst in the wake of Michael Moyle's criticisms.

Issues referred to by Mr Moyle included leadership and training of those involved in the TT.

On Mandate today Mr Langdon (pictured) made it clear his role as Chief Marshal was separate to his position as Chief Constable, and there would be no reversal of the decision not to deploy police officers on the circuit:

audio clip at above link
01-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Find Reply
bighairybiker Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 3
Be interesting to hear from him to understand what improvements he's planning......
"Time is a great teacher, unfortunately it kills all its pupils." Hector Berlioz

Marie Curie Cancer Care: http://www.justgiving.com/motorbikechallenge
02-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
I'll follow this with interest. One of the things that jumped out at me after the inquest was the huge demands that are made on the marshalling officials, and why Roger had to put in many, many hours to make it work. My biggest concern was the demands that are currently made of the officials and the fact that like willing donkeys they get more and more heaped on their backs then flogged if they stumble.

At this point I will just say "good luck" to the new man, I think he'll need it.
05-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Website Find Reply