Spectator restrictions
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
Spectator restrictions
Anyone else seen this, copied from iomtt.com

Hi, my name is Joel ive just signed up to let u guys know that Glen Moar garage/Black Dub has now been classed as a prohibbited area. This means no spectators, marshalls or even I can stand on this site. We are the owners of this site and would have loved to have welcomed back all the people who have stood here for many years. We have not decided to make this a prohibited area for any other reason than the attitude and unhelpfullness of the ACU. We were asked two months ago to get our own insurance beacuse they were no longer goin to insure any spectators to stand on our site. As u can imagine getting an insurance company to insure 1000+ people over the two weeks against being hit by a bike doing 140+is not easy. We therefore asked for the help of the ACU in getting insurance sorted and asked them to talk to our insrance broker. We were told they could not do this as it wasn't their job/problem. Our insurance broker tried to ring ACU headquaters in England and was told 'nothing to do with us, speak to the Isle of Man people', which they duly tried to do but were told again 'can't speak to you as we are the race organiser'. We have done our upmost to help in the past but have met with such rudeness and unhelpfullness we have walked away and will be completely closing the site for the two weeks. Im very sorry for all the people who have stood here in the past but we can't find a way around this problem.

Hope it's OK to post this.
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
12-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Find Reply
oggy Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Spectator restrictions
Very decent of you to try and accommodate spectators and all else failing at least have a go at notifying through a TT forum of your position and so the restriction to your site. I suspect from what I have read on forums that most of the new restrictions will not be directly implemented by the ACU but like governments stealth taxes will come about indirectly.
12-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32
VEEFOUR

WELCOME TO THE ANTI CYCLE UNION !
Now you know what us riders have to put up with !
They are as you say some of the most arrogant unhelpful bunch
you could come across. They are suppose to be there ' in the interests of the sport and its riders'Yahoo, yer rightsmilieEvil:Pigfly
Thanks for letting people know about this site as yet 'the powers'
have to release information about restricted and probitited areas.
Enjoy the break!
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
12-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Er Pardon me Joel but dont you have a very busy cafe at Glen Moar during TT, spend a bit of the profit, dont forget its better to have a bit than non at all.smilie

You can bet that not one of the Pubs on the track has any restrictions. The ACU are trying to cut cost and improve the profits at the expence of others, why else have the ACU come back.
12-05-2008, 09:05 PM
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
Just to clear up any confusion, i am not the person (Joel) who posted this thread, i have merely copied it from the iomtt.com site.
Cheers
David.
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
12-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Why are the holding back on the issue of the restricted areas, are they waiting for the fans to arrive first before telling them thier favorite area is a no go, Something is not right, starting to smell a rat or two.
What about the restricted areas that have a business being carried on, can they stop the work on private land, I dont think so.
12-05-2008, 09:32 PM