visit from canada
stanley Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
visit from canada
Hope i'm on the right forum , my girl friend and i will be at the 08TT on wed 4th from canada ( flying out of manchester to isle ).I am only there for the day and on foot and don't have a clue where to watch the races close to airport , a place to drink a couple of pints would be a bonus . I am a rider both street (02 trumpet daytona 955i ce ,70 bsa royal star ) and dirt (crf 250 x) but my dream of bringing a bike won't happen this year, but gives me some knowledge for the future .Could someone out there give me some advice on my visit (do i need a ticket). THKS
21-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

RE: visit from canada
You don't need a ticket to watch the TT races unless you go to the grandstand and I wouldn't

If you want to watch from somewhere near (ish) to the airport then you'd need to go somewhere between Quarter Bridge and Ballacrane

I suggest you get yourself into Douglas then catch a
Peel bus from the bus station and you can pick any spot you like as the bus will follow the course. I can personally recommend watching from a place called Gorselea super friendly marshals and the pub is not too far away. There is normally food and drinks available at Gorselea

If you tell the bus driver he will drop you at any point you care to name.
21-05-2008, 04:23 PM
stanley Offline
Just Getting Started

Thank you !
21-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Find Reply
stanley Offline
Just Getting Started

cargo Wrote:You don't need a ticket to watch the TT races unless you go to the grandstand and I wouldn't

If you want to watch from somewhere near (ish) to the airport then you'd need to go somewhere between Quarter Bridge and Ballacrane

I suggest you get yourself into Douglas then catch a
Peel bus from the bus station and you can pick any spot you like as the bus will follow the course. I can personally recommend watching from a place called Gorselea super friendly marshals and the pub is not too far away. There is normally food and drinks available at Gorselea

If you tell the bus driver he will drop you at any point you care to name.
22-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Find Reply
stanley Offline
Just Getting Started

Endid up at ballacrain had a great view . The bus driver and a life long resident said they had never heard of Gorselea, any how no harm done ! TT Rocks !
22-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Find Reply
oggy Offline

Threads: 2
Gorselea is less than a mile before where you watched from at Ballacraine so next time you can tell the taxi driver where it is.
22-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Find Reply