Manx radio
cargo
Unregistered

Manx radio
The listen to AM facility has been removed from the Manx radio website the link takes you to the Duke site where in order to listen to Manx radios AM service a payment is required.

Last year this didn't happen.
Last year the AM service remained online.

Not angry not even a tiny little bit angry just sad very very sad

Sad
26-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Braddan_Bridge Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Manx radio
£10 for the basic service or if ya wanna be posh £20 for the "gold service". I think this will back fire big time i cant see many paying for the privelage to listen to what is basically a free service. smilie

Unfortunately due to personaly reasons i had to cancel my trip to the TT this year but i thought atleast ill be able to listen online, now that option has been taken away too.

Toall disgusted by this action. as it will rob so many fans of the TT the chance to savour some of the atmosphere.
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2008, 12:10 PM by Braddan_Bridge.)
26-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Find
dellrandall Offline

Threads: 4
Braddan_Bridge Wrote:£10 for the basic service or if ya wanna be posh £20 for the "gold service". I think this will back fire big time i cant see many paying for the privelage to listen to what is basically a free service. smilie

Unfortunately due to personaly reasons i had to cancel my trip to the TT this year but i thought atleast ill be able to listen online, now that option has been taken away too.

Toall disgusted by this action. as it will rob so many fans of the TT the chance to savour some of the atmosphere.

Go on, bite the bullet, only £10.00!! I`ve paid, well worth it! I`m off work next week, just so I can listen to the commentary. Currently listening to the pre TT classics.
26-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Find
cargo
Unregistered

I have a suspision that as a public service broadcaster Manx Radio can't charge for the AM service.
There is nothing on the Manx Radio site to say you MUST pay.
The listen to AM link now take you to a page on the Duke site where you are asked to pay in order to listen it is Duke you are paying.

If your clever there is a way round it.................right now I'm listening to Manx Radio AM service and I've not paid one single penny.....all it takes is a little research............. Wink

Still sad but also ever so slighty smug
26-05-2008, 12:23 PM
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Steve you should be ok were you are on any AM radio? i pick it up as far away as Crewe but only AM.
Roll on Kells 2010
26-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Find
cargo
Unregistered

I'm getting Manx Radio loud and clear on the computer

Where I live I can't get the normal AM 1368

But if I drive up to the top of the hill behind my house then it's fine
26-05-2008, 12:37 PM
FC
Unregistered

cargo Wrote:I'm getting Manx Radio loud and clear on the computer

Where I live I can't get the normal AM 1368

But if I drive up to the top of the hill behind my house then it's fine

Wait untill they start talking about the races
26-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Shitoffa Shovel Offline

Threads: 5
Cargo,
this year will the second time the 'Dukes' have taken away the privilege to listen to Manx radio on the net, the subs last year were 8 quid and you needed some thing called 'Octopuss' downloaded before you could hear the service.

Regards,

SS.
It’s strange that men should take up crime when there are so many legal ways to be dishonest. …
26-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Find
Moan Moan Offline

Manx Radio, both AM and FM, and Radio TT are not free services, they are radio stations funded to the tune of £1million by Manx taxpayers - not UK taxpayers and not the BBC. Some of the funding comes from advertising revenue, paid predominantly by Manx firms for the benefit of Manx residents and those travel here. Why should Manx people foot the bill for people who make no financial contribution and can't even be bothered paying to come here for the TT to listen to the coverage? If you live in the Isle of Man, or have put your hand in your pocket to get here, tune your radio to AM1368. If not, quit moaning. Why on Earth do you think the Isle of Man owes you anything? We have to pay through our taxes for Manx Radio, then during the TT we lose our AM service so bike fans can have Radio TT. The reason Duke, through the government's iomtt.com website, runs TT Live! is to ensure increased bandwidth during the TT so people can get access to Radio TT without it crashing, which those of you who have followed the TT for more than five minutes, will know was a problem. Also, anyone who is willing to look at the facts, rather than just ranting, will know that TT Live! offers much more than just commentary, and all for just £10 - a lot cheaper than the boat fare the real fans have paid to get here.
Misers.
Counting down the days to TT09!
26-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Find
cargo
Unregistered

I've been listening all afternoon now

no problems

no interuptions
26-05-2008, 03:39 PM
cargo
Unregistered

Moan Moan Wrote:Manx Radio, both AM and FM, and Radio TT are not free services, they are radio stations funded to the tune of £1million by Manx taxpayers - not UK taxpayers and not the BBC. Some of the funding comes from advertising revenue, paid predominantly by Manx firms for the benefit of Manx residents and those travel here. Why should Manx people foot the bill for people who make no financial contribution and can't even be bothered paying to come here for the TT to listen to the coverage? If you live in the Isle of Man, or have put your hand in your pocket to get here, tune your radio to AM1368. If not, quit moaning. Why on Earth do you think the Isle of Man owes you anything? We have to pay through our taxes for Manx Radio, then during the TT we lose our AM service so bike fans can have Radio TT. The reason Duke, through the government's iomtt.com website, runs TT Live! is to ensure increased bandwidth during the TT so people can get access to Radio TT without it crashing, which those of you who have followed the TT for more than five minutes, will know was a problem. Also, anyone who is willing to look at the facts, rather than just ranting, will know that TT Live! offers much more than just commentary, and all for just £10 - a lot cheaper than the boat fare the real fans have paid to get here.
Misers.

Excellent rant my friend............... well done.
26-05-2008, 04:24 PM
cargo
Unregistered

Shitoffa Shovel Wrote:Cargo,
this year will the second time the 'Dukes' have taken away the privilege to listen to Manx radio on the net, the subs last year were 8 quid and you needed some thing called 'Octopuss' downloaded before you could hear the service.

Regards,

SS.

I'm sure that the must pay service started from race week or to be exact from the Saturday ??

Now it's been extended........ in a couple of years you'll need a PIN number on your little hand held radio to get it smilie

I could regret saying that BonkBonkBonkBonkBonkBonk
26-05-2008, 04:30 PM
FC
Unregistered

26-05-2008, 06:30 PM
nicijay Offline

Paid for the service against my principles and IT IS NOT EVEN WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emailed to complain & NOTHING!!!!!!!!!
26-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Find
nutty slack Offline

Threads: 9
Same here! Sounds as if they're transmitting from deep under the ocean! No live timings but webcam works. I've also mailed them and got no response.
26-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Find
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
hey moan moan have you a chip on your shoulder i bet you listen to our radio stations in uk and all over the worldBonkBonkBonkBonk
Roll on Kells 2010
26-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Find
lewy15 Offline

Threads: 3
The service worked fine on Saturday evening but tonight it is absolutely diaboilical. The only thing working is the message updates.

Manx Radio/Duke whoever, sort it, there is an old saying in the retail world, when you pay for something it has to be suitable for the purpose it was intended.
26-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Find
nicijay Offline

Hey Cargo

Do you want to share the "slightly smug" secret????
pretty pleaseBig Grin
26-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Find
nicijay Offline

pykey Wrote:hey moan moan have you a chip on your shoulder i bet you listen to our radio stations in uk and all over the worldBonkBonkBonkBonk

Ditto!!!!
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2008, 07:10 PM by nicijay.)
26-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Find
arzed Offline

Threads: 9
Thanks, Cargo, you're absolutely spot on. A little research gets you there. I just didn't think that it was available elsewhere until you posted. Good man
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2008, 07:48 PM by arzed.)
26-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Find