Manx radio
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
RE: Manx radio
Well i've done loads of research and this laptop is about to become a garden ornament. PM the link Cargo so I don;t have to buy a new laptop tomorrow. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thing is if Manx Radio charged me £10 I'd pay it willingly, but I will not pay Duke as all they have ever done is take from the TT, in my humble opinion.
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
26-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Website Find
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
Being very limited in how I can access viewing places this year, I paid a tenner to listen on the computer and watch the live timing. Untimed last night---no problem---tonight, total rubbish.I emailed them via the link on the site---nothing.I then saw a message on the "live" site which said there had been software problems.The sound was total gobbledegooch and the lap timing was useless.All we could see was the top names through the various points.I want to see people I know and where they are on the course,and the Sulby speed trap was not available either.They have had long enough to sort it from last year,and I am becoming very fed up with second rate value for money and service.No excuses,we don't need them
26-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Find
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
Looks like loads of subscribers on iomtt.com are demanding their money back, wonder what their chances are. Pigfly
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
26-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Find
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
i don't know if the Trade Description Act applies on the IoM.It should
26-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Find
FC
Unregistered

According to Microsoft the am services has now been firewalled, i cant get it now on the link I posted.
26-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Shitoffa Shovel Offline

Threads: 5
After digesting 'Moan Moan's' reply I thought better of adding to the impending blast from forum users and I decided to subscribe to the 'TT Live' service knowing full well it did have teething problems last year.

I now have a very slow acting dashboard, No Videos to watch, a murky 3 point web cam shot of the start and finnish, and the thing I subscribed for in the first place 'Manx Radio' suffering a hardware failure. For someone who has put his money where his mouth is , I don't think this is good enough.

Am I likely to get any sort of re fund ? I doubt it.

I look forward to MM's views on this subject........Censored2

Regards

SS,,,,
It’s strange that men should take up crime when there are so many legal ways to be dishonest. …
26-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Find
FC
Unregistered

26-05-2008, 08:31 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
I think you should all get your money back and a free subscription. What sort of image are they trying to portray?
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
26-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Find
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
This might help :-

Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading, Government Buildings, Lord Street, Douglas. Isle of Man, IM1 1LE.

Tel: 44(0)1624 686500
Email: iomfairtrading@gov.im
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
26-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Find
Moan Moan Offline

Threads: 0
pykey Wrote:hey moan moan have you a chip on your shoulder i bet you listen to our radio stations in uk and all over the worldBonkBonkBonkBonk
Yeah, and I pay my BBC licence fee despite the BBc not providing a local radio station in the Isle of Man as they do elsewhere or a local TV output as they do in Jersey. And until now I have never felt the need to whine on an internet forum while hiding behind a daft pseudonym, although pykey is quite appropriate for someone unwilling to pay £10 to follow the sport the supposedly love. I trust you complained to the BBC for having to pay your licence fee for NW200 coverage as well.
Miser
Counting down the days to TT09!
26-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Find
Moan Moan Offline

The Bag Wrote:Well i've done loads of research and this laptop is about to become a garden ornament. PM the link Cargo so I don;t have to buy a new laptop tomorrow. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thing is if Manx Radio charged me £10 I'd pay it willingly, but I will not pay Duke as all they have ever done is take from the TT, in my humble opinion.

Do you really think Manx Radio aren't getting any money from it? Do you think Duke is stealing the Manx Radio commentary and hoping they won't notice? "Take from the TT", unlike the so-called fans who can't be bothered coming here and moan about paying a tenner to follow the action?
26-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Find
Moan Moan Offline

Shitoffa Shovel Wrote:After digesting 'Moan Moan's' reply I thought better of adding to the impending blast from forum users and I decided to subscribe to the 'TT Live' service knowing full well it did have teething problems last year.

I now have a very slow acting dashboard, No Videos to watch, a murky 3 point web cam shot of the start and finnish, and the thing I subscribed for in the first place 'Manx Radio' suffering a hardware failure. For someone who has put his money where his mouth is , I don't think this is good enough.

Regards

SS,,,,

I think you should all get a refund for when it isnt working. So, maximum of £20 for the whole festival, that's 11 days of practice and race coverage, will get you a refund of about £1.82 for the day it didn't work. Although it was fixed about halfway through the session, so perhaps call it a quid. Now your only problem is deciding what to spend all that lovely cash on.
26-05-2008, 11:28 PM
Find
Shitoffa Shovel Offline

MM said;;;;
Quote:I have never felt the need to whine on an internet forum while hiding behind a daft pseudonym,

I see you are the only one contributing to this thread who's profile isn't complete,,I wonder why ?

Regards

SS,,,,,,,,,
It’s strange that men should take up crime when there are so many legal ways to be dishonest. …
27-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Find
Shitoffa Shovel Offline

MM said;;
Quote:those of you who have followed the TT for more than five minutes,

I see from the user list you registered exactly 5 minutes after I did,,,,,,What exactly is your point ?

Regards

SS,,,,,,,,,,,,,
27-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Find
cargo
Unregistered

I won't be revealing the link I'm using to listen to Manx Radio AM service.........with a little luck it will stay on.

Given how easy it was to find there must be dozens of ways in so work it out for yourselves.

I can't help but wonder that perhaps the BBC should have been given this job Duke certainly seem to have made a pigs ear of it..........again ???
27-05-2008, 03:49 AM
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
Thanks F C, listening loud and clear here in Tokyo.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
27-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Find
JRA Offline
Just Getting Started

Moan Moan Wrote:
Shitoffa Shovel Wrote:After digesting 'Moan Moan's' reply I thought better of adding to the impending blast from forum users and I decided to subscribe to the 'TT Live' service knowing full well it did have teething problems last year.

Regards

SS,,,,

I think you should all get a refund for when it isnt working. So, maximum of £20 for the whole festival, that's 11 days of practice and race coverage, will get you a refund of about £1.82 for the day it didn't work. Although it was fixed about halfway through the session, so perhaps call it a quid. Now your only problem is deciding what to spend all that lovely cash on.

Moan Moan. You miss the point. Its not just about your calculated cost for each individual, (although you may wish to apply your accountancy skills to the value for money we who do come across receive from the Steam Packet) its about the significant sums made by Duke overall from this. They are not doing this for our benefit are they.

Suggestion - why don't Duke calculate how much they make from subscribers for when the service is unavailable or not fully working and instead of refunding, they donate that to good causes eg the Joey Dunlop Foundation or the Helicopter Fund.
27-05-2008, 07:53 AM
Find
arzed Offline

Threads: 9
I agree, Cargo. I have only PM'd it to one person. Unfortunately someone has already given out one of the links. Doing that will guarantee it will be stopped. smilie
27-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Find
steve-e Offline

Threads: 6
It didn't stop it last year when it was posted on the front of my site.
I've paid for live! with only really the intention of using it last night and tonight as we're off over in the morning so for me it's at a 50% failure rate so far.
Tax payers covering the cost of the radio.. someone's getting well paid if its costing that much to run, it's got more adverts on it than any commercial station round here. And why play music DURING practice? Do that before and after, while practice is on and my mates are out on circuit I want to know they're ok.
SteveEnglish
27-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Website Find
cargo
Unregistered

Gone it's changed to FM SadSadSadSadSadSadSad

Just as well really I'm downloading a movie
27-05-2008, 12:18 PM