Splat or Guy??
thewitch
Unregistered

Splat or Guy??
Who thinks Steve Plater is going to pull off a few surprises and leave Guy crying into his big mug of tea and who thinks this is going to be the year of Martin Mania?

(Thread suggested by Moan Moan)
29-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15
RE: Splat or Guy??
Top 3 for Steve maybe but he won't beat The Carrot Cruncher Tongue
29-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Find Reply
Phil Windrum Offline

Threads: 5
If it was a two man race Guy would cream it, I'm sure a few other blokes will have a say?
29-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Find Reply
crazy blanket Offline

Threads: 41
Phil Windrum Wrote:If it was a two man race Guy would cream it, I'm sure a few other blokes will have a say?

Totally agree. The TT is a different proposition from anything SP has done before. Yes he was impressive last year but the level required to win something around the mountain is beyond him I reckon. That's not to say he isn't a mega rider....I just think the TT podium is out of his reach....he may get close but not close enough to be on any of the steps.
29-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Am a big Steve Plater fan of many years, undoubtly got the talent, yes top 3 is a possibility but kind of hope he serves his TT aprenticeship before aiming for the top step.
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
29-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
I reckon Archie and flyin Ryan could be a big threat if the machines hold together but i suppose Guy will give them a run its so open but i wouldnt like to bet on who will win? incidently can one bet on the TTresult.
Roll on Kells 2010
29-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Find Reply
marshall2 Offline

Threads: 2
I think Plater is in with a shout for a podium, But I reckon Guy will be the biggest threat this year. Archie is looking in top form aswell. I think Ryan could be a threat aswell. I've got my money on Guy though. He looked awesome at the NW200 and I think if his bike hadn't broke he would have dominated the second superbike race. Hopefully he can grab atleast 1 win this year. Never discount Anstey either, especially on the stocker. I wouldn't be suprised to see Lougher and Donald on the box either.
29-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
Don't discount Steve Plater too quickly, I reckon its gonna be a hell of a quick week. Favourites for wins Guy Martin, Steve Plater,John McGuiness, and I think these 3 will be pushing harder than anybody else all week.
These are HARD riders.
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
29-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Website Find Reply
crazy blanket Offline

The Bag Wrote:Don't discount Steve Plater too quickly, I reckon its gonna be a hell of a quick week. Favourites for wins Guy Martin, Steve Plater,John McGuiness, and I think these 3 will be pushing harder than anybody else all week.
These are HARD riders.
Russ

I hear ye Russ...and I agree with ye as well but for what it's worth, my money is on wee Cam. Remember he went to TT06 with damaged heels and 1st time round the mountain on a SBK finished 20 seconds behind McG...in 2nd place and with a 3rd quickest lap of all time to his credit.
Last year he didn't make it due to his off at the NW breaking his collarbone.
He is there this year, fully fit and on sorted TAS bikes and in great spirits (I was chattin to him today and he's totally chilled and focussed)....I say again...do not discount this man for the TOP step in either SBK or stocker.

(as long as they all ride hard - and come home safe...we will all be winners then)
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2008, 08:21 PM by crazy blanket.)
29-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Good times tonight for sure, sounds as though conditions were good apart from the Flies !

I been updating over on the bsb forum re times for those interested

http://forum.britishsuperbike.co.uk/view...1&start=20
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
29-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Find Reply
crazy blanket Offline

Thanks Stella

(btw Keith Amor for a podium or 2 on the Wilson Craig Honda 600 SS)
29-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
crazy blanket Wrote:Thanks Stella

(btw Keith Amor for a podium or 2 on the Wilson Craig Honda 600 SS)

You know what to tell him from me BOSS
I can fix anything!
29-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Find Reply
crazy blanket Offline

Consider it done fella Wink
29-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Yes looking good, as long as they all bring it home safely.

Being honest altho hez Scottish i dont really know Keith that well, clearly has a talent for the roads though.

Still got a special place for Les Shand though, and hes fit this year ! been unlucky with injuries in the past .

Always remember a long chat we had in the caraven at Knockhill when Les first wanted to go to the TT.

Good luck to them all.
29-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Thanks Stella but the U TUBE BonkBonkBonk
Roll on Kells 2010
29-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Stella Wrote:Yes looking good, as long as they all bring it home safely.

Being honest altho hez Scottish i dont really know Keith that well, clearly has a talent for the roads though.

Still got a special place for Les Shand though, and hes fit this year ! been unlucky with injuries in the past .

Always remember a long chat we had in the caraven at Knockhill when Les first wanted to go to the TT.

Good luck to them all.

Sounds like he was trying to hit on you honey
I can fix anything!
29-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

LOL...Nah ! just good mates and we both smile a lot ! Yahoo
29-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Stella Wrote:LOL...Nah ! just good mates and we both smile a lot ! Yahoo

Yea yea, thats what they all saysmilie
I can fix anything!
29-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Find Reply
crazy blanket Offline

He is there this year, fully fit and on sorted TAS bikes and in great spirits (I was chattin to him today and he's totally chilled and focussed)....I say again...do not discount this man for the TOP step in either SBK or stocker.

Hmmmmmm.......absolutely made up with this result!!!!! This guy deserves this SO much!!!!
31-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
Apologies to Guy Martin and John McG for tipping them both in the superbike race.
;-(
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
01-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Website Find Reply